1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All gone

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by Number14, 27 Sep 2007.

1. Number14

Number14 Senior Member

Had an early start this morning and tried to get to Aldi for 0900hr for some bib tights and a couple of jerseys. Arrived at 0902hr and there was only two jerseys and one pair of tights left, apart from the naff colours.

Must remember to check ebay tonight to see how much the £9.99 cycling gear is going for.xx(

2. killiekosmos

killiekosmos Über Member

I went to the local Aldi at 8.55. Five hardy souls outside in freezing weather. Very limited stock and no glasses. I got a yellow rain jacket for £9.99. Rest of the stuff was very similar to last autumn's sale and I've still the stuff I bought then. Also prices had gone up a bit (still cheap though)

3. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

I was chatting to one of the people in my local Aldi, and he said that the cycling glasses had been cancelled, but might make up part of a later offer. Reading between the lines a bit lot, it seemed like there'd been some problems with supply, so there may well be more stuff coming at a later date.

My local was out of large in most of the tops (fortunately a medium did me) and still had a fair few bib tights (again, I only really looked for medium, although the legs are so short I'll be wearing them as 3/4 tights). The waterproof gear seemed to have hardly budged at all as of 11 o'clock ish.

4. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Huge Member

the bib longs are on the short side, bought two pairs of large but gonna take them back tomorrow. Might try and get the Zip fixed on my Endura`s and buy another pair of those. They are night and day better quality and fit but it does come at a price !

5. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

dhb longs on wiggle are £18

gill are doind short tops for £7

all night and day I'm guessing

6. mikeitup

mikeitup Senior Member

re

Well, the sunglasses were not the one's on the website. The zips have gone on the overshoes but apart from that my purchases were ok.

7. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

I wore the trousers today. Apart from boiling because it wasn't really cold enough, they're just too short. They're a large and I'm 5'10", so you'd think they would fit. but no.

8. I wore the winter tights yesterday and one of the cycling shirts. The legs were a bit short too. I've wore a shirt also for commuting, its a little baggy in the sleeves but at the price its great for commuting.

9. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

I thought the tops were really good for £7 - baggy, but the zipped pocket is handy, and the material seems to wick moisture away very well. On my last rainy commute day, the top + a cheap waterproof kept me quite comfortable.

Agree re: the longs - baggy at the waist and far too short in the leg. Ok worn as 3/4 with the foot loops cut out.

10. stephec

stephec Legendary Member