All Good and Bad things must........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nihal

Veteran
come to an end.This is my last year in High school(assuming that i don't fail:whistle: ) and i'm going to miss this life and my friends.I'm sure i'll see them again but never in the same situations and they will have their own worries at that time.So tell me something that you miss from your old life even today,even if some extremely dumb stuff..................

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
The rueful knowledge that I'm closer to sixty than sexy might give some idea about what I miss from the old life.

Gromit

Über Member
My sister and I are going through something strange at the moment. We are coming to terms with the loss of our mother five weeks ago. It's very hard to get used too.

I was glad to leave school, I hated it.

I miss having friends around, you find as you get older the people you know drift off as they get married and start having families, lives change. Visits to the pub in a group get less frequent.

Dam it I'm 38, and a lot of water has pasted under the bridge since then. All I can say is enjoy your life and try not to become bitter and twisted.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I most miss my carefree batchelor days when I could go cycling or climbing wherever and whenever I wanted.

....what I don't miss about those days though, are the Friday evenings on the motorway and the Sunday drive home, tired and dirty and in need of a good meal, followed by a week or cleaning, repairing and maintaining kit.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My sister and I are going through something strange at the moment. We are coming to terms with the loss of our mother five weeks ago. It's very hard to get used too.
I feel for you Gromit, having gone through the same process last year. I was in the habit of buying postcards from village shops on forum rides to send to my mum, and several times in 2011 I bought one without thinking and ended up sending it to my sister instead...

So, I'll choose my parents but I would want them back younger, not suffering the way they did in their twilight years.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
From a past life, I really miss the visits to B&Q*, assisting in newfangled, improbable DIY projects. Handing over tools, making endless cups of coffee.

*Nihal, B&Q is a large chain of hardware stores.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
The structure and certainty of school. Enjoy it whilst you can.

After that, when I worked in a special needs school and I would sent to where people were needed, so I genuinely never knew what I would be doing from day to day. It had a Primary and Secondary School on the same site, so I could be working with 4 year olds one moment, 18 year olds the next.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I miss my rickshaw. It was a sad day when I had to let that go and I'm surprised how much of an impression it has left with me.

When I'm no longer cash-strapped I'll have to get another (or buy my old one back) and just use it for my own pleasure.:biggrin:

In reality though, I'll probably just get tempted by something else.:whistle:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
The day my (VERY second hand) Hasselblad finally gave up the ghost. I miss it!

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I loved school and I still miss the carefree life with little or no real responsibility.

My greatest friendships still remain from School and University. These are the people I regard as my true friends, and whilst I only see them maybe 4 times a year we share so much history.

You have to be very selective with friendships, they come and go, but work hard to maintain some friendships from your youth.

sunnyjim

What I miss is things being new - first bike obviously, learning to ski/sail/drive/climb/mend cars/languages/women/drinking/work stuff/generally making things/music/bothying/travelling/etc (not necessarily in that order). The best stories always seem to have been associated with early disasters, not the quiet confidence of experience. As time only goes one way, it's inevitable, and I suspect the secret to happiness is to treasure past memories, maintain the best of old skills & friends, but keep on looking for something new.

OP
OP
Nihal

Nihal

Veteran

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Oh, Nihal, I'm sorry about your Mum. Keep in mind all the things she taught you and your sister. Your Mum will always be alive in your heart.

OP
OP
Nihal

Nihal

Veteran
Oh, Nihal, I'm sorry about your Mum. Keep in mind all the things she taught you and your sister. Your Mum will always be alive in your heart.
:huh: Okay,you got it totally wrong.Both my mum,dad and sis are still alive and kicking.The post i quoted was Gormit's 'cause she told she lost her mom a few weeks back.Song's for her and everybody,in Mark Tremonti's words"Thats a song to everybody we've loved and lost ,Ladies and Gentlemen":smile:I guess you misunderstood because there was no name on the post:thumbsup:

Top Bottom