All luggaged up.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
My Bacchetta 'Brainbox' bag finally came this week. I had a tracking number, and noticed that it cleared U.S. customs 2 days after ordering, and then sat in U.K customs for over a fortnight for some reason? Anyway, 'tis here now. I decided to 'perfect' my home made head rest (sunglasses pouch stuffed with beanbag beans), and refit my rear lights so they're higher. Now I can take my work clothes, and a 2nd set of Summer cycling gear, and not squash my sarnies. I have fold down panniers (2nd pic), but I just can't bring myself to use them and spoil my aerodynamics!
1-8.jpg

2-3.jpg

3-3.jpg

4.jpg

Attachments

• 1-8.jpg
    1-8.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 3-3.jpg
    3-3.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 53
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 50

plantfit

Guru
Looks like you will be well illuminated which is a good thing, nice looking panniers, did you make the rear light mount yourself? might try something like that myself, I'll have to get up to Donny with my Ice Q 26 one of these weekends and have a ride with you, two recumbents in Donny then

Roger

OP
OP
BlackPanther

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
did you make the rear light mount yourself? might try something like that myself, I'll have to get up to Donny with my Ice Q 26 one of these weekends and have a ride with you, two recumbents in Donny then

Roger

Did I make it myself? Very nice of you to say that (assuming you're not being patronising, lol) Yes I looked at the headrests on the market, and the only ones for the Strada were from 'Adem' http://www.ademhr.com/products/adem2.html, and $105 for a bit of Ali, and a foam pad? No way!

So off to B&Q, bought some "U-shape FFA Concept Anodised Aluminium", a bit of flat aluminium. Then the scary moment as I drilled 2 holes in the seat frame top and bottom. A bit of time with a drill, nuts bolts, and some bean bag beans in a sandwich bag inside an old sunglasses bag, garnish with the trusty old insulating tape, and hey presto. A naff looking, but surprisingly comfortable head rest. Well, I say 'headrest', but as I ride with a helmet, the pad is positioned as a 'neck' rest as it's not at all comfy to rest a helmet on a head rest.The light mount is just some old push/fit plumbing pipe wrapped in, yes you guessed it, insulating tape, with a bit of hi viz tape.

1-9.jpg

2-4.jpg

3-4.jpg

I'd be well up for a ride out. I'm starting to look at trikes myself (drooling over the Vortex). The Strada's great for long commutes, but if I could add a trike to the 'stable' I could get rid of the hybrid (ie Winter) bike, and the road bike (what's the point, it's slower than the Strada!)

Attachments

• 1-9.jpg
    1-9.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 3-4.jpg
    3-4.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 45
Top Bottom