All riders-velodrome

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Oooh, I'd like another crack at that, please. Depends very much on day/time as I have the Wife and nippers to consider, but I'd be interested.

I went last year and met up with Frustruck, we just booked separately for the Taster Evening... are you talking about a more 'organised' approach with the Coach?

Christopher

Über Member
I am confused. I am assuming the OP is about booking a private session - coach, track and bikes? Twenty notes per head is fine with me and I would much prefer having the track to ourselves, but the taster sessions are about £9.50 a time, bike hire included. However it is chancy getting more than 2-3 people on a taster, as they are 1st come first served IIRC.

also the Velodrome hire bikes are fitted with Look pedals, that the old Looks, not the Keos? It was old Looks a year ago, but now?

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
That's what I thought, Will. If you book far enough in advance then you could probably just book all the available places anyway... thus making it a CC session.

robgul

Legendary Member
I just saw this thread ... I've booked Manchester quite a few times .. deal is

Hire the track (exclusive use for your group) per hour
Max allowed on the track (novices) is 15
Bike hire (various sizes of quite reasonable machines)
Shoe hire if required (or the bikes have toe-clip adaptors)
Coach - you have got to have one for H&S reasons.

Excl shoes the package for 15 people works out at about £18 or £20 (that's what my February 2009 booking is costing)

... the REAL issue is finding a time slot, especially at the weekend ... my Feb 09 was booked in October 08 and that was a struggle to find anything.

Hope that helps

Rob

OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
cheers rob. i'll see what I can come up with. I only know about the block book thingy 'cos I used to knock about doing sessions with weaver valley CC and I thought i'd try to figure something similar out for us lot.

robgul

Legendary Member
robgul said:
I just saw this thread ... I've booked Manchester quite a few times .. deal is

Hire the track (exclusive use for your group) per hour
Max allowed on the track (novices) is 15
Bike hire (various sizes of quite reasonable machines)
Shoe hire if required (or the bikes have toe-clip adaptors)
Coach - you have got to have one for H&S reasons.

Excl shoes the package for 15 people works out at about £18 or £20 (that's what my February 2009 booking is costing)

... the REAL issue is finding a time slot, especially at the weekend ... my Feb 09 was booked in October 08 and that was a struggle to find anything.

Hope that helps

Rob

Just a quick add-on comment .... the prices have gone up quite a bit since we first booked in about October 07 ... obviously the Hoy effect ... but still good value for a real blast!

R

OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

As I hinted in my previous post, there are no available group sessions until may. The girl on bookings has just told me she'll let me know next week exactly what sessions are available.

Until then, there's a 80M grasstrack oval on St. Mary's road in moston if anyone fancies a practice!

dan_bo said:
Until then, there's a 80M grasstrack oval on St. Mary's road in moston if anyone fancies a practice!

Is that still used? I seem to remember a load of travellers parked there last time I passed. They used to use it on Sunday mornings about 20 years ago; looked a bit of a laugh.

OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

cheadle hulme said:
Is that still used? I seem to remember a load of travellers parked there last time I passed. They used to use it on Sunday mornings about 20 years ago; looked a bit of a laugh.

Not really- it's a bit overgrown these days. I have a baz about on it every now and again if i'm going past on my MTB.

Shame really, especially seeing as there's a half decent grasstrack league going down in bury.

If I had time it's something I wouldn't mind sorting out.

Top Bottom