All riders-velodrome

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colly

Re member eR
I might be Dan.

To be honest it would depend on what the cost is. I suppose it wouldn't be all that much, but as of right now I have zero work in sight and a stack of bills to meet.

Even so, having never ridden on a track it would be a great to try it. ( I suppose you WERE talking about a block booking for riding and not just sitting and watching?)

Jonathan M

colly said:
I might be Dan.

To be honest it would depend on what the cost is. I suppose it wouldn't be all that much, but as of right now I have zero work in sight and a stack of bills to meet.

Even so, having never ridden on a track it would be a great to try it. ( I suppose you WERE talking about a block booking for riding and not just sitting and watching?)

Last time I went it was £12.

OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Yeah block booking for riding. sorry wasn't too succinct in my OP. I guess the first 8 or 10 on here will get a place eh!.

in my experience, it's £8 ish for the track, £ 8 ish for the bike, and if you're like me, and not on look pedals, £2 ish for the shoes- call it £20ish all in. At manchester.

I'll get the first one or two hour block I can get. i'll see if I can sort a coach.

Will1985

Über Member
Hell yeah - depending on date and time of course! So this would be a kind of taster session? I'm keen on getting track accreditation at some point this year

I'd be up for it.

I've done it once before, I was on my own, but tagged onto a group of 12 other lads. I think they were all from the same company and training for the Man>Blackpool ride. Anyway, they were all novices and none had ridden fixed before. At the end of the session, the coach lines you up and everyone has a crack at a timed flying lap - bit of friendly competition like.
The coach must have said about 20 times, "when you come over the line, remember to keep pedaling!"

First guy over the line (just before the banking) forgets the advice. Bike nearly throws him off, luckily the chain unshipped and locked the wheel and he skidded gracefully into the side. Could have been very nasty!

Its a right laugh - you get pretty sweaty though.

a_n_t

count me in!

colly

Re member eR
dan_bo said:
there's 2 ways to do this-block book at x time and fill it or get x riders to fill a time slot. i'll go with the first. just looking for takers- i'll try for a subday spot in (I imagine) late feb-march.

That would be great.
By then I will either be living on the street,:smile: or will be back on track.:biggrin: (no pun intended)

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Add me to the list as well.

I've never ridden fixed, or on a track... I want an audience when I make a cock of myself :smile:

Top Bottom