All-round walkable SPD shoe for under £50?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
No, but a) he did post in this thread, and b) his last winter shoes were from Aldi. Draw your own conclusions.

Speaking for myself, I'm really happy with the Shimano shoes I mentioned upthread. I just winter-proof them with a decent pair of neoprene overshoes.

Klassikbike

Shimano to my understanding also offers all their shoes in wide. Im Running with SHM-163 and I am perfectly happy with these.
Normal shoe size for me 43 1/2 and use 44 for Shimano shoes. I have relatively wide feet but the normal shoe fits me well.

Downward

Guru
No, but a) he did post in this thread, and b) his last winter shoes were from Aldi. Draw your own conclusions.

Speaking for myself, I'm really happy with the Shimano shoes I mentioned upthread. I just winter-proof them with a decent pair of neoprene overshoes.

Yeah that's only because they are pretty good value for money.

Don't mind spending a bit more if they last 5 years !

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Specialized tahoes. I have very wide and short feet, and I've found them very comfortable without having to go up more than one (European) size from my normal. It might be because they're lace-up and made of something soft, so it's easier to adjust them width-ways than some other shoes I've tried.

They're not solid enough for very long-distance rides, but I've toured comfortably with them, so they'll be fine for a commute.

Specialized tahoes. I have very wide and short feet, and I've found them very comfortable without having to go up more than one (European) size from my normal. It might be because they're lace-up and made of something soft, so it's easier to adjust them width-ways than some other shoes I've tried.

They're not solid enough for very long-distance rides, but I've toured comfortably with them, so they'll be fine for a commute.

I am on my second pair of Tahoes and they are very comfy. The down side is that they are mainly mesh on top and so a bit wet and windy in the winter: sealskinz or overshoes are heartily recommended.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I'm about to replace mine after 2 years commuting duties. The sole is starting to come away. Can't decide if I should choose something different.

That's not great...my soles are still OK thankfully but am I wrong to expect longer than 2 years ?!

Top Bottom