All spokes loose on new wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
KnackeredBike

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
See this is why I sodding hate going to bike shops. Whenever I go to one they always choose a component which has seemed unremarkable until then and go "BLOODY HELL who set up this saddle? It should be pointing BACKWARDS, everyone knows that. You're lucky it didn't do a mid ride castration and throw you into a ditch like some two-bit hooker. Well, don't plan on having any more high quality children."

And it sounds vaguely plausible, and now I think of it my children do seem distinctly low quality. I wish it could be like car garages where they won't talk rubbish unless you're a woman.

OP
OP
KnackeredBike

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
You only think that because you know nothing about cars either, otherwise you would know they talk utter ollocks to men too.......
You need to know the secret, refer to them all as "mate" and seem really offhand and vaguely knowledgeable about everything. "Oh the head gaskets gone? Thanks for letting me know, I'll pick up a new one and some unpleasant expensive coffee from BP on the way home."

OP
OP
KnackeredBike

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
Pretty much.

Anyway, picked it up from Halfords. Well... the back wheel... those curves. So tight. I could ride it all day

However, shortly into my 24 hour bike ride I went home because I have tea and jaffa cakes there. Plus I needed to empty out the puncture repair kit, pump and inner tube from my bag so I could fit in a spoke key and truing stand.

On the plus side...

Bike fixed.
Cycled past plod on the wrong side of the road through a red light without complaint (albeit to get onto a cycle path that starts two metres past the lights).
Got home to find the miserable folk at HMRC have sent me a nice cheque because they can't add up very well.

Three good things, three times rear wheel repaired, third time lucky?

Top Bottom