All that effort for that?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
Been busy in the garden today (no cycle ride :biggrin: ) lawn / hedges (gawd so many hedges) bit of stimming too, arms like lead, packed up and rest time with a coffee and the laptop :blush:

Been sitting a while, legs tucked under me, laptable to rest the laptop on, waiting for the delivery guy to arrive.

Knock at the door, "Ah great he's here" .. laptop to the side of me. stands up, both legs have no feeling what-so-ever! "They dead!, Move dammit!",Think man Think!, so down on me knees and a like a crawling baby makes my way to the front door shouting "be right there!"

Makes my way over to the internal door, turns the handle, shuffles myself back, then I tackle the saftey gate (used when grandkids visit) shuffles my way over that and upto the front door.

Pins and needles are starting to set into both feet at this stage, drags myself to the standing position and the usual little winces as the tingling sensation kicks into both feet, now I open the door!

Guy walks back up the path (taken me a few minutes to reach the door) and hands me a charity plastic bag thing that he could easily have posted through the letter box!

This is me at the door ... using the shelf for support (right arm holding me up)and leaning on the door post (left hand holding me there) at the same time and giving out them little "arrgh arrgh" sounds as the pins and needles are running riot in my feet.

Guy looks at me with a frowned look upon his face, turns around and heads down the path but not before taking a second glance at me.

All that effort for this stupid thing! ... THUD! ah be done with it I'm going to sit here for a while until I recover!

Has your body ever let you down?

Delivery never arrived :biggrin:

Norm

Jane Smart

The Queen
Norm, you were lucky, I know of two people, that have broken their ankles after that happening to them, they stood up feet numb and crack!xx(

Every time I stand up I go dizzy and everything goes black, but that has happened to me all my life, so I kind of get used to standing and holding on to things at the same time :smile:

Debian

Jane Smart said:
Norm, you were lucky, I know of two people, that have broken their ankles after that happening to them, they stood up feet numb and crack!:tongue:

Every time I stand up I go dizzy and everything goes black, but that has happened to me all my life, so I kind of get used to standing and holding on to things at the same time :smile:

+1

Happened to a colleague of mine a few months back. She stood up on numb legs, ankle turned over and - crack. Off work for three months with multiple fractures to the ankle xx(

Top Bottom