All time top five comedy series ever?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
Flying_Monkey said:
Oh, I almost forgot... The Kids in the Hall (rather droll Canadian sketch show) and Mystery Science Theatre 3000...
Good call. I enjoy both of these. MST3K is always good for a laugh.

Plax

Guru
In no paticular order as such;
1) The Goodies
2) Dad's Army
3) The Young Ones
4) Red Dwarf
5) Spitting Image

Curb your Enthusiasm ,
what a superb programme Larry David is a genius

2 episodes spring to mind

the episode when his wifes aunt dies ,he is asked to put an obituary in the newspaper ,it should have read "To my dearly beloved aunt " but instead it came out as "to my dearly beloved *UNT :smile::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

and the episode where he invites a paedophile to celebrate the jewish festival of passover with loads of kids in attendance again BRILLIANT !!!!!

being jewish myself this would not happen in a million years and as for all the other episodes and series i could quite easily watch them over and over again !!! and for which i can certainly relate to !!!!!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
In no real order...
Goon show
I'm sorry I haven't a clue
Blackadder 2 (closely followed by 3, then 4)
Yes Minister
Spitting Image.

Any number of ones I could also mention - Hitchhikers, Python, Red Dwarf, Young Ones...oh wow, I could go on all day. I once had to pull over and turn ISIHAC off as I was utterly unfit to drive through laughing. Someone was singing 'I Am The Walrus' to the tune of 'Don't Cry for me Argentina'
I defy anyone to watch the 'Going for an English' sketch on Goodness Gracious Me and not almost wet themselves...

wafflycat

TheDoctor said:
Spitting Image.

Any number of ones I could also mention - Hitchhikers, Python, Red Dwarf, Young Ones...oh wow, I could go on all day.

The episode where Neil was pregnant and it turned out to be a trapped fart... oh dear... I giggle thinking about it.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
wafflycat said:
Speaking of ISIHAC... The Archers theme tune has never been quite the same for me since the words of "Love Me Tender" were sung along to it...

Pffffft!xx(:biggrin: That's superb. I'm going to be singing that later.

bonj2

wafflycat said:
In no particular order, I've enjoyed these ones:-

Frasier
Vicar of Dibley
Father Ted
Blackadder
Not The Nine O'clock News
Due South
Open All Hours
Porridge
Morcombe & Wise
Third Rock From The Sun
Drop the Dead Donkey
Goodness Gracious Me
The Grimleys
The Two Ronnies
The Likely Lads
Keeping Up Appearances
Ab Fab
Bremner Bird & Fortune
Police Squad
Dad's Army

Frasier?! :blush: :girl:
I wasn't aware that was MEANT to be a comedy!?

Top Bottom