allen key size for rotor bolts ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Just tried to take the rotor off my fubared rear wheel and its an odd size bolt head , 3 mm too small. 4 mm too large ?? definitely allen key rather than torx .

Alex321

Veteran
They vary, but most are either T25 Torx, or 4 or 5mm Allen key.

It is possible to get 3.5mm allen keys, so yours could be that.

Big John

Guru
Daft question but are you 100% sure it's not torx? My eyesight is pretty suspect these days, even with glasses, and I've been caught out before trying to put a hex key into a torx head. If it's a torx then, as stated above, it'll likely be a T25. We all have our likes and dislikes but I hate torx. They just don't seem as user friendly as hex.

Reactions: C R

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
For gawds sake, be careful you get the right size. I used a slightly too small allen key on the cover screw for the hydraulic oil top up on the brake lever, it's rounded the internal hex and I now have to get it off with a pair of pliers. Still trying to find a replacement. :angry:

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Daft question but are you 100% sure it's not torx? My eyesight is pretty suspect these days, even with glasses, and I've been caught out before trying to put a hex key into a torx head. If it's a torx then, as stated above, it'll likely be a T25. We all have our likes and dislikes but I hate torx. They just don't seem as user friendly as hex.

definitely hex , i have some torx and none fit either.As for eyesight i need glasses too for close work :sad:

Top Bottom