Allez or Sirrus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
F

Frogbox

mobfant said:
How are you finding it so far? Did you make the right decision?

I have to be honest, my feelings for my Allez are bordering on the indecent. It's a totally different experience to my Mountain Bike. It just feels like it wants to be ridden fast.

OP
OP
F

Frogbox

First commute on the Allez and I shaved about 15 minutes off, as well as enjoying it more.

Sean Dempsey

Greetings, I found this thread while googling for "Allez vs. Sirrus" and figured I didn't need to start a new thread.

Right now, I have been trying to lose weight by cycling on my mountainbike. It's a bit uncomfortable, but managable. I am looking at getting a real road bike though, and the store I intend to purchase from has suggested the Allez.

I rode a 58cm Allez around the parking lot of the store, and it felt like it could be fine. But when I got home and checked out Specialized's website, I saw the Sirrus.

I don't really know what bike I should get, so I thought I would state my intentions and see what you all thought:

1. I want to lose weight. I can't run due to some physical conditions, but I can bike.

2. I want to strengthen my heart and lung health, which is pretty poor right now.

I work from home, and don't plan on commuting around the real city in stop and go traffic. There are paved bike trails all over, I live in a rural city so there is plenty of open country road to ride on.

I don't like the straight bar of my mountain bike, I do like the vertical brakes and dropped bars of the Allez, but the guy didn't even mention the Sirrus model or maybe I'd have liked that?

Also, they are pushing me to get the Sport Compact Double for $1300 american, claiming that the shifters and wheels are worth it over the $800 for the Allez Double.

But, this was all before I saw the prices for the Sirrus, for the $600 range.

I really have no idea how to make this choice, but just knowing that I want to lose weight and get exercise, but NOT commute in city streets, which bike is for me?

Top Bottom