Almond milk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Vanilla Oatly is rather wonderful :smile:

My absolute favourite. I make my porridge with it and slice in half a banana before it goes in the microwave. If I'm feeling extra decadent I'll chop up some pitted dates and unsulphured apricots too.

I saw a thing about home made oat milk a while ago
I was basically just puttuing some water and porrige in a container and leaving it over night
Not sure if it works or is the same - but the article pointed out how much cheaper that is than buying the stuff in a supermarket

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I saw a thing about home made oat milk a while ago
I was basically just puttuing some water and porrige in a container and leaving it over night
Not sure if it works or is the same - but the article pointed out how much cheaper that is than buying the stuff in a supermarket

Yes I saw that. Cereal/nut milk is just mushed up stuff steeped in water, made to look white and sometimes thickened to appear like cows milk. I'm surprised how cheap cashew milk is, given the cost of cashews

OP
OP
The Central Scrutinizer
Milk.jpeg Bought this today......Meh🤔 Can't say it tasted great.I'll have to keep on trying.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I made cashew milk with my masticating juicer, it is lovely.
Probably cheaper to buy the milk (haven't seen any for sale here), but by making it yourself you know what's in it.
I also tried to make oat milk with the same juicer, wasn't happy about the result, need to try a different ratio of oats to water.
To note: homemade plant milks do not have the Vitamins C and D routinely added to commercial ones.
To the OP: berry fruits are one of the most heavily sprayed crops, try to eat them by foraging when in season, instead of buying frozen.
I don't think almond milk would complement the berries, but you might like it.

Top Bottom