Almost got caught out tonight

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Set off a later than expected due to a cock-up at Halfords, what should have been a 10 minute click & collect took over 45 minutes so didn't get out till after 5:30, was coming back at 7:30 by which time the darkness was coming in fast. Switched the rear lights on they are always on the bike, but didn't have a front light with me, got back at 7:40 very glad it wasn't any later.

vickster

Legendary Member
Most of the cyclists I saw coming home tonight obviously got caught out too especially the ones riding on the pavement :rolleyes:

Ganymede

Veteran
I have one of those tiny LED lights in a silicone casing permanently in my pocket - it isn't much actual use as a light but it means you're compliant if the sun drops below the horizon and it's still light enough to ride. I sometimes add it to my regular front light anyway if it's particularly dark, just for more visibility.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I noticed I have to switch the lights on earlier and earlier every week at home too. Heating will be next as evenings are getting cooler but I am hanging on for that.

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
I noticed I have to switch the lights on earlier and earlier every week at home too. Heating will be next as evenings are getting cooler but I am hanging on for that.

Yay - first central heating reference of the autumn. Bingo! Now this thread will really get going. "I don't turn mine on until . . . but the wife makes me . . . etc . . ." ^_^

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
There's a little silicone button-cell LED light for £3 in The Range here (it's not on their website) in the garden/petcare department (no, I don't understand how they position products). It lights up white or red and clips around things using magnets, so I thought it could be a useful emergency bike light if you've got somewhere to keep it that the magnets wouldn't mess up electronics.

Top Bottom