Almost got flattened, your opinion please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Off tomorrow, snow forecast.
I might spend all day in bed ... or not ... :bicycle: :tongue:
But it's Monday!
Hi everybody!
I am off on Monday, will go introduce myself :evil:

As said, I'm pretty sure the driver was headed to that hot roll shop: I will go have a word, if I'm wrong I'm wrong ^_^
Will keep you updated.
God help him/her!
No update?

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
That was an anticlimax!
Went to confront the alleged culprit of my near miss: the premises were closed, the car was not there nor thereabouts.
Took some pictures of the junction, scary for a cyclist, don't you think?
At 6am of course the road was empty, also the narrowing cones were not there, instead there were barriers on the shared path, hence me riding the road.
IMG_20180212_122901109.jpg IMG_20180212_122928847.jpg IMG_20180212_122933518.jpg

Slick

Guru
That was an anticlimax!
Went to confront the alleged culprit of my near miss: the premises were closed, the car was not there nor thereabouts.
At 6am of course the road was empty, also the narrowing cones were not there, instead there were barriers on the shared path, hence me riding the road.
View attachment 395597 View attachment 395598 View attachment 395599
Yeah, unfortunately it does look scary for cyclists. I'm on a similar dual carriageway at 6am and have very few problems, but at 5pm it's a different story and I take the pavement and pedestrian crossing to avoid. I feel we just have to do whatever we need to, to stay safe.

That was an anticlimax!
View attachment 395597 View attachment 395598 View attachment 395599
we got at least another week of the roadworks to negoiate or avoid, despite what the info sign says.. . road.png

Slick

Guru
Hi @hennbell what Rutherglen baths are you referring to?
I think they are gone now!
Mind blown! it has been a lot of years but I am familiar with that area.
I used to live in Cambuslang, went to the Rutherglen baths lots of times.
Lol It has been a number of years then.

Yeah @night rider I gathered that!
Are you local to me?
I'm in Blairbeth, reaching the safety of the Green from here is getting to be a nightmare, South Lanarkshire for cycling ... NOT! :sad:

work in Castlemilk. The whole Glasgow Rd/shared path sham, complete with bus shelter, at Shawfield could easily be avoided if a perimeter path is opened alongside the new office building thats been put up by the 'Clyde Gateway' coming from the access road beside the main road. Hopefully thats in the plans... Remains to be seen though. Will no doubt just be more offices, thus totally ruining the access to the bridge & the Green.

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

I think Rutherglen Baths was the posh name for the Clyde...
:laugh: That made me laugh!
Will no doubt just be more offices, thus totally ruining the access to the bridge & the Green.
Spot on, I was thinking the same.
Another exit/entry (the new offices car park) on the NCN 756 for cyclists to give way to.
Look out for the entry to the Independent Glass factory, almost hidden by the staff of Hillington car dealers across that park on the double yellows.

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

was a long time ago, I left Scotland 1981
No idea of the name but i do remember getting off train, cutting through the shopping center, and there it was.
I arrived in Scotland in 1983 lol
Wot? You took the train from Cambuslang to Rutherglen? It's only a stop, did you not have a bike? :laugh: ;)
I think the ex baths are wasteland now.

Top Bottom