Almost lost the cats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
We have three feral cats who stay with us. We feed and look after them.
A neighbour who lives opposite in a plywood house who originally came from a village claims the cats were originally his but I think the same family might has stayed there but moved to our house with a better food supply.
Yesterday evening I found the cats had lost control of their rear legs and were falling about. It appears our neighbour had fed them some drug or medicine to allow him to handle them, and then kill them. They were bound for the pot. Abhorrent though you might find it it’s quite normal to eat cat and dog down here for those that might not be able to afford meat.
I let him know my feelings about doing this and told he should leave them alone. This morning they seem to be okay so I’m happy we managed to save them.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Wow :wacko: Although it also shows the benefit of having someone on the forum living somewhere which is far removed from what the rest of us experience. Gives a different slant to things.

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Here's one of them. I think the other two are still scared to come back.

Last edited:
Here's one of them. I think the other two are still scared to come back.

View attachment 589776

View attachment 589778

What a pretty tortie tabby & white :wub: Glad she seems none the worse from her experience. Hope the other two are fine, too. Not surprised they're too skittish to reappear after that. Definitely one of their nine lives gone...

Having said that, my mum lived in Nazi-occupied Europe during WW2, and she and her family were so hungry that they *did* put the family cat in the cook pot. So it's not exactly for me to judge the rights and wrongs of it.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Where does he live?
Catford

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
... I let him know my feelings about doing this and told he should leave them alone. This morning they seem to be okay so I’m happy we managed to save them.
Thanks Cy for stepping in for 3 defenceless living animals about to be killed. I hope the lives of the poor people that were hoping they found their next meal will improve too. Life is far from easy for many. Sad, the never-ending imbalance of our world.

Top Bottom