Alp D'Huez tour de France 2012 ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jdrussell

Hi
Does anyone know what stage on the tour de France 2012 features the Alp D'Huez ?
Can't seem to work it out.
Thanks.

Edge705

Looks like stage 10,11,12 makes its way around that area with possibly the start at stage 11 being the closest but even thats 1 hour 40 - 2 hours away. Look like they are giving Le Bourg-d'Oisanss wide berth this year which is quite a popular base town for alpee's I beleive

OP
OP
jdrussell

jdrussell

Ok, thanks for the info.

Next question is, do you think there will still be a Dutch corner ? And if so, where would it be ?

Cheers.

monnet

Guru
As Ajay pointed out, there'll be no Alpe D'Huez this year, which means there'll be no Dutch corner. There might be lots of Dutch folk somewhere else though.

For future reference 'Dutch Corner', I think, is hairpin 7. I'm sure someone else can confirm or deny that.

Rossi998

Are you looking to watch a stage this year by any chance? Im having the same problem. Would of loved to have seen the Alpe d' heuz and cycle it after the stage but it looks It's not on the 2012 route. Any ideas for the best montain stage to see and also a good montain stage to ride all within a few days???

Stage 16, Col du Tourmalet, In the Pyrenees

Rossi998

Do you know where the best place to setup and watch would be around there as we are travelling out in a VW campervan? Also would it be possible to cycle the stage do you think before or after they have passed through
Many thanks

Do you know where the best place to setup and watch would be around there as we are travelling out in a VW campervan? Also would it be possible to cycle the stage do you think before or after they have passed through
Many thanks

Setup anywhere you can find a space, or find a site a few miles out from Bagnères-de-Luchon and cycle in to watch the stage finish and stage 17 start.

I expect to be cycling it either the day before or a couple of days after and camping at either end. I suspect it will be quite busy both with cyclists and mad French/ Dutch flying about in campervans :laugh:

Rossi998

Cool.. What day would be a good idea to get there before the big rush? So you are camping? Have you been before? Is Bagnères-de-Luchon a village/town with one or two bars to soak up the tour atmosphere?

sorry about all the questions. It will be my first time at the tour..

Cool.. What day would be a good idea to get there before the big rush? If you are planning on spending a few days best to find a site and book now, otherwise a day or two before the event, I think they turn pretty much a blind eye to 'wild camping' over course of the tdef within reason, and most of the people parking up will be following the course of the race rather than just the one stage.

So you are camping? Yes,not sure when I will arrive though as I am on the bike touring.

Have you been before? No, not to the Pyranees

Is Bagnères-de-Luchon a village/town with one or two bars to soak up the tour atmosphere? It appears to be a fair sized town with plenty of earteries etc, I think the tour takes its own atmosphere and as it is both the finish and start of a stage........Party

http://uk.luchon.com/

sorry about all the questions. It will be my first time at the tour..

Top Bottom