Tour de France 2024

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
****ing hell, nowt north. I had a feeling it would stay south given the Italian start and Nice finish, so no chance of a day trip.

****ing hell, nowt north. I had a feeling it would stay south given the Italian start and Nice finish, so no chance of a day trip.

Yebbut, nobbut.....stage 9 is a loop in and out of Troyes on a sunday. If your day trip is not by bike, you could make a great long weekend of it. There is some lovely scenery, a few hills and Troyes is a fun town. Historically, it was the centre of champagne. Altho no longer, there is a hilly outcrop outside town which produces some superb fizzy wine. I could easily be tempted.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Yebbut, nobbut.....stage 9 is a loop in and out of Troyes on a sunday. If your day trip is not by bike, you could make a great long weekend of it. There is some lovely scenery, a few hills and Troyes is a fun town. Historically, it was the centre of champagne. Altho no longer, there is a hilly outcrop outside town which produces some superb fizzy wine. I could easily be tempted.

You‘re in my head! Cunning plans initiated.

I am very excited about this. I may or may not have spent the afternoon planning a family tour from Marseilles to Strasbourg via Ventoux and seeing the TdFF near Annecy!

Annecy is gorgeous, we stayed there last year. If you are staying there, make sure you are on the east side of the lake as it gets way more sun. You cam message me for any more info if you want

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
Staying away from Paris to avoid the preparations for the Olympic Games which start only five days after the Tour finishes. A sensible strategy that makes me wonder why they did not go even further and return to the old habit of finishing the Tour on 14th July (Bastille Day). In any case, two solid months of top-class sport in France this coming summer — brush up your French everybody.

Last edited:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.

I'm quite disappointed that there's nothing in the North of France this year. I was hoping to go over for a few days cycling and tour watching.

2025 though, the rumours are of a Grande depart in Lille, and then moving on towards Brittany.

Top Bottom