Giro d'Italia 2024 ***SPOILERS***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
https://x.com/GcnRacing/status/1750204336804606408?s=20

Geraint aimong for both the Giro and the TdF!!!!!!!!

Love it. He's only got a few more years left, I believe. Let him do it all!! What's he got to prove or lose any more? Go G!

Adam4868

Guru
Screenshot_20240124-234535.png

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
They are riding Monte Grappa, twice in the same day, right near the end. Its a very long tough climb. Especially after 19 days riding in the legs.

Adam4868

Guru
Apologies sorry posted the Amstel Gold in this thread !

Back to the Giro so what do we reckon Pogi has the win nailed on and it's just a matter of how many stages he wins ?
Or does he win it by taking it a bit easier and not try and win every stage,save himself a little for the Tour ?
Or does anyone think with Vingo looking unlikely for the Tour this could be his year for all three ?
Not long to wait now 😁

T4tomo

Legendary Member
All 3? Unlikely - he's never done more than 1 GT per season, so whilst, injury apart, he's expected to do Giro & Tour this year, I cannot see him started all 3 even if he wins 1st 2. He'll then get some recovery in ahead of the world champs.

Defo fav for Giro and should win it at a canter if he stays upright

Roglic will be back for the Tour, even if Vin, isn't so that could be tougher.
A giro - tour double is a tricky feat to pull off, no one has done it since Pantani in 1998

Or does he win it by taking it a bit easier and not try and win every stage,save himself a little for the Tour ?
Or does anyone think with Vingo looking unlikely for the Tour this could be his year for all three ?

"common sense" says somewhere between the two:
i.e. all three is a dream - but not impossible - so he may as well go all-in for the double, and then think about Vuelta later. AND
The double is hard enough - with Vingo looking sub-optimal, this could be his best chance. So play sensible and win the Giro with minimum risk.

Except that this is Pog ... so anything could happen, and we hope it does!!!

TomDW

Apologies sorry posted the Amstel Gold in this thread !

Back to the Giro so what do we reckon Pogi has the win nailed on and it's just a matter of how many stages he wins ?
Not long to wait now 😁

If Pogi stays upright he'll win. I don't see anyone else on that level. He's a proven tour winner.

Top Bottom