Alreet me eewds. Manchester noob here.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Buzzinonbikes

Hello,

Just bought my first "good bike" as my main form of transport living in South Manchester. My previous steed of 3 years was a "Pro Bike MTB" for about £120 and while it served me well through University, was nothing of the sort. Went for a Specialized Langster Steel in red in the end based on the fact that I wanted single speed with town being so flat, older style looking steel frame, availability in large size (I'm 6ft 5") and I think it looks rather nice. I also managed to get a good deal on last years model from Harry Hall Cycles. Bit obsessed with it to be honest... my house mate's bikes are all poorly and neglected and mine is constantly having attention :biggrin:. I had previously seen some real old bikes but I wanted something new and I'm not that bothered about 'street cred' and all that fixie scene in town. Obvious from the fact I have fitted Crud Mk2 RoadRacers, have it on the freewheel side with two brakes, and even use the EZ mount that came with my lock!

Anyway ye, its a beast and has me flying around town. Think I shall change the gearing to something more hardcore once I build up the strength and that.

Cheers!
Alex

God I miss my Langster Steel and rue the day I sold it.
It is a great bike :smile:

OP
OP
Buzzinonbikes

Buzzinonbikes

Cheers everyone. I've been following the forum for a while, seemed to make sense to join. Seems like a fairly friendly and helpful place!

Top Bottom