Alright.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

harrison_888

Regular
Hi Folks.

I've been riding for a few years but only this year has it become a passion. I damaged ankle cartilage last year which is now irreparable and rules out most active ventures but cycling is the one sport that doesn't seem to cause me any pain so I'm happy to be in the saddle!

I currently own a 2013 Specialized Allez Sport which I've had for 4 years - Next year will be upgrade year and I've got a fleet of questions before I throw my money into my cycling pit of dreams.

I'm doing a 70 mile sportive event in the New Forest next Saturday which will be my longest ride to date. Next stop, an imperial century!

Looking forward to chatting with you all.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Welcome and well done on getting the cycling bug. It is kind of addictive.

No need to get a 'better' bike if you enjoy your existing bike and it is working well.

OP
OP
harrison_888

harrison_888

Regular
Welcome and well done on getting the cycling bug. It is kind of addictive.

No need to get a 'better' bike if you enjoy your existing bike and it is working well.

Thanks for the warm welcome Skol and all.

It may be upgrade year, it may also be crossover year. The dark side of MTB calls me too. Either way, my current frame and gruppo are looking/feeling tired. Perhaps some enhancements would give it a new lease of life instead.

The engine most definitely also needs a tune up:training:.
H

OP
OP
harrison_888

harrison_888

Regular
I have a 2018 Allez Sport and its honestly such a nice bike! :wub:
I’m totally with you there. Of the bikes around that price point I still think it’s the best looking. Matte black with white and red detailing...:heat:

Edit: just noticed you said 2018 allez sport...doh.

Last edited:

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
YES @harrison_888 - my baby is a satin navy with gloss red forks and logo - I added Michelin Pro 3 tyres with red walls - it looks so mean now! x

Attachments

• IMG_20180701_090759_461.jpg
    IMG_20180701_090759_461.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 45

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
Well why don't you? Or just keep the Allez for memory sake and then upgrade....hehe. I have two bikes and it's super useful!

My other one was my first road bike - a Specialized Diverge, it's around a kilo heavier than the Allez but my mum has been riding it to get her into roadies - it seems to be a nice transition from her hybrid.

Attachments

• IMG_20180506_110455_521.jpg
    IMG_20180506_110455_521.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 50
OP
OP
harrison_888

harrison_888

Regular
Well why don't you? Or just keep the Allez for memory sake and then upgrade....hehe. I have two bikes and it's super useful!

My other one was my first road bike - a Specialized Diverge, it's around a kilo heavier than the Allez but my mum has been riding it to get her into roadies - it seems to be a nice transition from her hybrid.
Awesome...seems you’re a speccy fan like me!

I’ve considered it and unless I find something I like the look of as much as my allez I’m upgrading components. ^_^

White tape didn’t last long but other than that it’s the same animal. Deep rim tyres, new saddle and upgrade the gruppo and I think I’ll keep it...

Attachments

• DF77032B-D37E-44EA-93AE-641B2221A862.jpeg
    DF77032B-D37E-44EA-93AE-641B2221A862.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 53

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
OMG it's beautiful! DEFINITELY keep it - upgrades can really boost everything! I love Specialized...you are right....my first proper hybrid was a 2010 Specialized Globe Vienna and I have been hooked on the brand ever since!

$_86.jpg

Top Bottom