Also is this road position safest for me on brow of hill?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
This isn't the clearest picture, but here's me in mine:

polite.jpg

I think the blue helmet, and lately, helmet cam, add to the illusion.

I often hear pedestrians commenting on it - sort of "Oh! That looks like...".

And I haven't been nicked for it yet.

I'm still not sure how much difference it makes to drivers - sometimes I wonder if they'd be bothered if I was real Police.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
The bum bag and the Brompton spoil the effect some what. All the Polis I have seen riding bike have been on hybrids or MTBs, but it is worth a try.

The only reason I would wear one is that someone would be bound to try and sue me under the trade description act after I had been cut, I can be somewhat less than polite:tongue:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Hairy Jock said:
The bum bag and the Brompton spoil the effect some what. All the Polis I have seen riding bike have been on hybrids or MTBs, but it is worth a try.

The only reason I would wear one is that someone would be bound to try and sue me under the trade description act after I had been cut, I can be somewhat less than polite:tongue:

It's a Birdy, not a brom... And not my normal bike anyway. Yeah, I need a black bum bag, with lots of pockets that look like they hold 'cuffs, CS spray etc.

My winter hack is probably the most effective for the vest, being blue and yellow.

Yeah, I find when I'm wearing it, I do feel compelled to be polite. Not that I'm not polite all the time anyway, of course...;)

domtyler said:
Looks perfect to me, just ignore the bleating from the brain dead w@nker in the car, if it was a tractor/lorry/milk float/bin lorry/car turning off etc. they don't mind, but a cyclist? A bloody cyclist, get out the effin way!! They just don't figure in my priorities at all, if they can't deal with being held up for a few seconds then they shouldn't be on the road. Just keep ding what you're doing, your safety comes top, holding up cars for a few secs is way way down the list.

+1 Girl done good - stay calm and let the other road user boil away to nothing...

flycatcher

Yes very correct. If you ride to the left here you'll end up getting side swiped or worse. Stick one finger up at the car, index finger to say give me a second and I'll move over or as mentioned point to the traffic.

Top Bottom