Alternate Endings....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
I watched the Medieval Dead the other week and it ended totally differently to I remembered after watching it last a good 15 years ago (slightly freaked me out if I am honest)....

I got thinking what alternative endings would I like to have seen in movies....

Personally I would like to have seen a Thelma & Louise style ending in the first Sex and the City Movie so I would not be made to pay good money to go and see a second one!

Are there any movies you have seen where you wished the ending was different?

Melvil

The ending of every single Michael Bay film. The middle and beginning bits too.

I didn't like the ending of the remade The Day the Earth Stood Still the first time I saw it, but since then, I think it's quite apt and possibly the best idea in the film - I won't say how it ends in case there are those who haven't seen it, but it did leave me thinking how different the world would become as a result in a very short time.

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
cast away with tom hanks. he finally gets home and his girl is with someone else...

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

happy ending please :smile:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
jig-sore said:
cast away with tom hanks. he finally gets home and his girl is with someone else...

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

happy ending please :smile:

weird I thought a happy ending would have ruined it

True Grit - the one eyed fat man gets shot to bits and the baddies ride away cackling

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
They changed the ending to Silver Dream Racer. When I saw it at the flicks he crashed just after the finishing line however since then the film always stops before this.

OP
OP
Wigsie

Wigsie

Nincompoop
MacB said:
weird I thought a happy ending would have ruined it

True Grit - the one eyed fat man gets shot to bits and the baddies ride away cackling

Definately would have ruined it!

The ending in War of the Worlds was utter pap! A moody teenager runs over the hill to chase the aliens mid slaughter, then suddenly reappears at the end to complete the Spielberg cheese fest ending!

iLB

Hello there
the ending of the boy in striped pyjamas, any change would most likely be an improvement.

MacB

Wigsie said:
Definately would have ruined it!

The ending in War of the Worlds was utter pap! A moody teenager runs over the hill to chase the aliens mid slaughter, then suddenly reappears at the end to complete the Spielberg cheese fest ending!

yep, but the film was pretty dreadful full stop, the Tom Cruise character made me cringe

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Wot 'e sed.^^
The plot holes you could drive a bus through didn't help matters either.
That's over two hours of my life I won't get back.

I'd have liked to have seen an ending to 'Pink Floyd : The Wall' where Pink didn't end up performing his attack on stadium rock at the O2.

MacB

Quadrophenia where I ride off into the sunset at the end with Leslie Ash on the back of my bike, even if it's only for a quick trip to an alleyway:ohmy:

You also get some films that are cleaned up for the TV that then still get shown in the clean version when on after the watershed. It is really annoying as the rude bits or swearing are often vital to the mood or humour of the film.

Top Bottom