Alternative to Expensive Hi-Viz Jerseys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Better still, don't buy one at all. Costs you nothing !

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Don't listen to the fashion brigade Flanker.

I find hi viz reassuring in wet / overcast conditions and especially in the winter darkness.

When I drive, I can see a hi viz cyclist a long way away whereas a cyclist with regular clothes blends into the surroundings. The same must apply to other drivers when I cycle.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Shouldn't you be using lights in those conditions? Decent lights and good road positioning will make thousands of times more difference than hiviz.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
My Hiviz is made out of LOGIC.

No it's not - your hi viz is that go-kart looking thing that you pedal.

Ah the old Hi-viz debate.

Magnatom finds a comfy chair, opens a bottle of Erdinger and a box of chocolates and awaits the entertainment.....

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Shouldn't you be using lights in those conditions? Decent lights and good road positioning will make thousands of times more difference than hiviz.

I do. I use all the aids available. Hence I seldom have incidents with motorists and hence I don't need to wear a camera to record them.

By the way, what ever happened to the guy that spat on you. You report him?

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
And having a camera shows me not being seen in exactly which incidents? Perhaps your post relates only to a bit of bitchyness on your part, I think.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
reflectives, whether on high viz tops or not, are good at night but high viz on its own is debateable, it really depends on the surroundings, light conditions and eyesight of the person who may/may not run into you. Yellow high viz is now so common that it almost blends in, maybe lime green is a better bet.

Personally I find that I see bright blue better in nearly all light conditions, but that may be just my eyesight.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Perhaps your post relates only to a bit of bitchyness on your part, I think

Far from it. I was only breaking your balls. In fact I like your bike and respect some of the good work you do with your camera.

But on a serious note, you're right, good lights and good road positioning are more productive than hi viz. Still I prefer to use all the aids at my disposal and hi viz is very useful in my experience.

If the OP feels safer with hi viz, then I won't discourage it.

Top Bottom