Alternatives to 'Like'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
Not currently, no. There is an add-on that expands on the 'like' feature, but the more add-ons you use, the more exposed you become to changes in the core software and / or developers abandoning their add-on projects; leaving us high and dry for future upgrades (or forcing me to remove a feature that everyone likes or has become used to).

The core forum software is currently undergoing a major upgrade that will require all add-ons to be rewritten by their developers. If the expanded 'like' add-on gets upgraded to the new forum software I'll consider adding it then. ^_^

Cheers,
Shaun

You know the emoticon things that have recently appeared on Facebook? The ones where you can choose something other than just 'Like', such as 'Laugh', 'Love', 'Grr angry', etc etc? Can we have those to click on for people's posts, rather than the current two alternatives of clicking 'Like' or adding a whole post containing a smileyface thing and nothing else? (Which is as annoying as the detested '+1'.)
+1

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Not currently, no. There is an add-on that expands on the 'like' feature, but the more add-ons you use, the more exposed you become to changes in the core software and / or developers abandoning their add-on projects; leaving us high and dry for future upgrades (or forcing me to remove a feature that everyone likes or have has become used to).

The core forum software is currently undergoing a major upgrade that will require all add-ons to be rewritten by their developers. If the expanded 'like' add-on gets upgraded to the new forum software I'll consider adding it then. ^_^

Cheers,
Shaun
:okay:

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Pi

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
[@Shaun edit: Referenced post removed :okay:]

cheers, I just got fire for looking at Cyclechat

Last edited by a moderator:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
You know the emoticon things that have recently appeared on Facebook? The ones where you can choose something other than just 'Like', such as 'Laugh', 'Love', 'Grr angry', etc etc? Can we have those to click on for people's posts, rather than the current two alternatives of clicking 'Like' or adding a whole post containing a smileyface thing and nothing else? (Which is as annoying as the detested '+1'.)
:highfive:

Top Bottom