Alternatives to 'Like'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I would not like any change which allows people to react negatively to a post by simply clicking something, however tempted I am to really wish for it for certain posters.
I dunno, if we can have this as an emoticon, I might be for it.

angery.jpg

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
I'd vote for this:
upload_2016-9-21_13-25-38.png

or the one in The Velvet Curtain's avatar.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
:eek:

I'll raise you partial differential equations (I know I could do them once, if only I could remember how...!)
Ha ha, I was just thinking that kind of thing myself ...

Fourier analysis, Laplace transforms, pole-zero diagrams, where have they all gone! :laugh:

I am the mental equivalent of someone who once trained hard and ran the London marathon in sub-3 hours, whose only exercise now is to walk to the car and back! :whistle:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Ha ha, I was just thinking that kind of thing myself ...

Fourier analysis, Laplace transforms, pole-zero diagrams, where have they all gone! :laugh:

I am the mental equivalent of someone who once trained hard and ran the London marathon in sub-3 hours, whose only exercise now is to walk to the car and back! :whistle:
I'll see your Fourier analysis and partial differential equations and raise you vector calculus, with that funny nabla operator: grad, div and curl.

Somehow I managed to pass exams with that stuff in without ever really having a clue what any of it was about. They gave me a piece of paper at the end and it all completely disappeared from my memory instantaneously.

I do like watching Numberphile videos on Youtube. I suppose that's like flopping down in front of the Olympics on TV and scoffing crisps after walking to the car and back.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
As above, this could be an absolute disaster, and could well backfire on the people who think it would/could be a Good idea. Arguements/more arguments and disagreements would I have no doubt be the order of the day, and the result would be a forum that is even more divided than it already is at times. A very bad idea IMHO.

It could also be used by some as a form of bullying.

Last edited:

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
You know the emoticon things that have recently appeared on Facebook? The ones where you can choose something other than just 'Like', such as 'Laugh', 'Love', 'Grr angry', etc etc? Can we have those to click on for people's posts, rather than the current two alternatives of clicking 'Like' or adding a whole post containing a smileyface thing and nothing else? (Which is as annoying as the detested '+1'.)

I'll give you my address and if you really like anything I post just send me a fiver ;)

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
It could also be used by some as a form of bullying.
Some posters can manage that at the moment without the need for more icons. :thumbsdown:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'll see your Fourier analysis and partial differential equations and raise you vector calculus, with that funny nabla operator: grad, div and curl.
And I'd even forgotten that I had forgotten div, grad and curl! :okay:

As for alternatives to 'Like' ... I agree that some new positive ones would be good. It seems wrong to 'Like' someone's post about mental health problems, bereavement etc. so 'Sympathise' would be a nice addition. Maybe even 'I respect your viewpoint but I don't agree with it' would be useful.

'Brain dead', 'Troll' or the sinister 'I know where you live ...' we can do without! :laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom