Alterntive to the SJ4000 bike mount?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crdf

Hello everyone,

I got myself the SJ4000 to use as a rear camera. It arrived with a bunch of plastic mounts, however the (handlebar) bike mount does not seem to fit around my seat post. Can you suggest and alternative mounting system that is not at the same price as the camera itself?

Picture of the so-called bike mount is attached, and no I don't have huge fingers, the diameter of it is about 2-3cm, however I can only tighten one of the crews so it's not very usable really. I'm sure it would do for the handlebar.

I've seen the Ram mounts that Cyclegaz uses however some are almost at the price of this camera. Even the cheaper one is at £40 pounds which I will spend if there is no alternative, but decided to ask first.

Attachments

• IMAG0875s.jpg
    IMAG0875s.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
I should read the full post..sorry

Last edited:
OP
OP
crdf

crdf

I maybe wrong, but a forward facing camera should be on your head as if anything is going to happen that's the way you would look.

Hi Numbnuts, The forward facing camera will be on my helmet. The SJ4000 will be used as a rear cam.

davdandy

I have the same problem with the mounts.I have only tested it once but the camera keep moving around even though i got it to fit but it wasnt an easy thing to do.The bolts are simply not long enough so will try something else,i might try the ones suggested earlier.

OP
OP
crdf

crdf

I have the same problem with the mounts.I have only tested it once but the camera keep moving around even though i got it to fit but it wasnt an easy thing to do.The bolts are simply not long enough so will try something else,i might try the ones suggested earlier.

Please let me know if you find something. It seems the mount is a copy of the GoPro one so I'm wondering if the actual GoPro mount will fit.

I was looking at Bobby's suggestion. Unfortunately that mount will limit me to one extension (from the pack) as the slits are facing the wrong way for a seat pole mount. It is still an option though.

Edit: As I see you've ordered it I please let me know with the result. :smile:

OP
OP
crdf

crdf

You look to be sorted but if it uses gopro mounts this could be an option http://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-Hand...223883&sr=8-2-fkmr0&keywords=garim+virb+mount

It does uses Go Pro Mounts, did know they are compatible with the Garmin ones. Will look into it?

OP
OP
crdf

crdf

Do you guys recommend the SJ4000? What helmet cam do you use @crdf ?

Can't say, arrived today and I'm still waiting for the helmet one. I ordered Garmin Verb Basic. If I manage to mount them I'll be able to provide some feedback.

OP
OP
crdf

crdf

I came to the conclusion that the mounting system is sh*t. It doesn't matter if I order a seat post mount as the parts that fit don't prevent movement regardless how tight the crews are. Considering there has to be a link between the mount and the camera if that link can't hold the camera pointed straight, it is rather useless! A full mounting system is needed for this camera.

Additionally the crews themselves although with different length are quite difficult to tighten and remove as they are positioned too close to either the camera or the links and there is often not enough space for them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom