Altrincham Market......can someone tell me....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I understand that it is well worth a visit.
But the website is confusing.
It appears that there are two sections to the market. One is food and (if I understand correctly) the other changes each week.
We want a good old fashioned market with stalls selling crap clothes and bags so we can root through for something decent.
The food market will be a bonus if we can get some good fresh meat & sausages etc.
Thanks

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
There are two bits. Both are covered, the one in the old market hall is a selection of food outlets, pies, pizzas, salads, coffee, beer etc.
The other part is covered with open sides. This changes day by day. Eg Thursday is a flea market, the main market days are Tuesday, Friday and Saturday. There's a good selection of veg stalls, fish, cheese etc. There are also many open air stalls selling bags, plants, flowers particularly on a Saturday. And several other food outlets around the corner. It is worth a visit and has invigorated Altrincham immensely.
There are also a couple of Belgian beer bars very close.

Tail End Charlie

And Macclesfield market, the last Sunday each month is excellent. This is more the street market experience, loads of stalls selling crafts, food, furniture etc. I buy unpasteurized milk from it, which is delicious.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
And Macclesfield market, the last Sunday each month is excellent. This is more the street market experience, loads of stalls selling crafts, food, furniture etc. I buy unpasteurized milk from it, which is delicious.
Thanks for that.
We will try that Macclesfield.
So eg if we go to Altrincham THIS Friday will it be good or should we wait for a different Friday?
We are going by bus so will try those Belgium lagers ^_^

Tail End Charlie

Thanks for that.
We will try that Macclesfield.
So eg if we go to Altrincham THIS Friday will it be good or should we wait for a different Friday?
We are going by bus so will try those Belgium lagers ^_^
Friday would be good. The food stalls will all be there and the fish and veg etc. Off the top of my head I'm not sure what bag stalls will be there ( not a handbag type of guy). The two Belgian beer outlets - one is directly opposite the market, the other is down a tiny side street just past the fish and chip shop.

Tail End Charlie

In the indoor food market, one thing to realise is that the stalls are all separate, so that if you have a pizza, someone else a pie and someone else a flan and salad, the food may, or may not, arrive at the same time. By the way, there are licensed stalls inside as well.

Top Bottom