Altura night vision evo jacket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

runner

Guru
Just about to purchase. I like the black but is it really visible? Would I need to wear a high via vest over? If not black what is the best colour? The green looks ok I presume it is much more visible than the black

potsy

Rambler
Similar thoughts here, I went with the red.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
On a night time it doesn't make much difference what colour it is, its the reflective detail that lights up from other road users lights, but during the day the Yellow is probably more noticeable, so it depends on your requirements :thumbsup:
I always wondered why they did the night vision in black, until I was driving along a country road & spotted this guy cycling from way back & when I caught up he had a black night vision jacket :smile:

OP
OP
runner

runner

Guru
went for the green...amazing price. On Saturday I saw the altura nightvision evo at £99.99 in cycle surgery Bristol....I have just bought at £54.99 from Tredz (including £5 discount) This is the 2014 model so includes the back light cannot complain at that price. My old gill jacket lasted 8+ years and even though I tried to waterproof it never kept the rain out. The aldi £16 bargain I now use is super value for the money but in heavy rain you will get wet and boy did I get wet last week...so look forward to keeping dry and cosy very soon :smile:

Most waterproofs rely to some extent on the water "beading" on the surface and running off.

Putting an absorbent vest over the jacket this prevents this process from happening.... to be avoided

OP
OP
runner

runner

Guru
the green nightvision evo arrived today...what a bargain for £55.....I will certainly not need to worry about the rain anymore ^_^

OP
OP
runner

runner

Guru
Is it sweaty ?
Nearly every waterproof I have ever had is not brilliant at losing the sweat but it is totally waterproof. I can confirm as it was rather wet on last nights commute. Equally the more expensive jackets in reviews are very breathable but not totally waterproof. Given that the jacket retails at £100 I accept it's limitations at the bargain price of £55

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
You have just reminded me that I had a brilliant interaction with a learner driver, communication and plenty of space. And the other thing I noticed was he was wearing a Night Vision jacket, so obviously a cyclist:thumbsup:.

subaqua

What’s the point
am on my 3rd one ( I wrecked the 1st 2 through abusing them so no complaints ) love em and they cater for people with large shoulders unlike most other cycle clothing makers.

seems breathable enough to me as i don't get horribly sweaty in it. had its first wash yesterday and is now drying gently

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The Nightvision Evo is probrably one of the best cycle commuting jerseys you can get. Great for very cold temperatures but can be a bot boil in the bag at temps above 5-6degrees and you are working hard. The reflectives are very good and very bright.

Top Bottom