Altura waterproof cycling overtrousers.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
To give them their full title; Altura Night Vision Waterproof Overtrousers, I'm thinking about investing in a pair for 'occasional' use, i.e., when it's coming down stairods on my 12 mile commute there or back. They come out fairly well in reviews, but has anyone here any experience of their use - ?
The main criteria for me, apart obviously keeping the rain out is that they will be reasonably comfortable and long enough to prevent rain getting INSIDE my waterproof cycling boots.:eek: A matter of suitable leg length and apparently said Alturas have adjustable leg lengths.

Thanks in advance.

Tom85

I have a pair of last seasons (they've just released a new version for 2015). They work very well. I got caught in a massive downpour just the other day whilst wearing them. My legs were completely dry, which is more than I can say for my feet. Personally I like the cut, find them comfortable and haven't had an issue with breath-ability. Depending on how long you plan to ride in them you might get different results.

Last years version seems to have better reflectivity than this years, and seems to be on discount everywhere. I would suggest you check them out. If you're a size medium you can get them for £30 here: http://www.awcycles.co.uk/altura-night-vision-waterproof-trousers.html

Otherwise, evans have them for £38 I think, and they're doing 3 for the price of 2 on Altura kit.

OP
OP
simongt

simongt

Guru
Thanks for that Tom. However, I remembered that I have a pair of Rainlegs that I bought form Aldi last year for about a fiver I think. Wore them home in steady rain all the way on Monday and arrived home with dry legs - !:wahhey: The only minor drawback of these is that when you get off the saddle at lights etc., you have to get literally back 'up onto' the saddle rather than slide back on, otherwise the nose of the saddle may get caught up in the straps round the back of your legs. The big advantage is that if, like me
you are one of those who kicks off heat with little effort, you don't end up with rivers of sweat on the inside of a waterproof layer - !:angry:

Top Bottom