Aluminium bike buying advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thunderlips76

climbs for cake
recently destroyed my second carbon framed bike. I’ve decide to go aluminium but don’t really know where to start. Could anyone offer advice. I want it to be my summer specific main bike. budgets around 2000 quid. Spec wise 105 up, maybe hydraulic disc brakes. 28mm tyre clearance. I have had a good look at the caad12 but everyone I speak to says not to bother. I was riding a BMC grand fondo gf01.

recently destroyed my second carbon framed bike. I’ve decide to go aluminium but don’t really know where to start. Could anyone offer advice. I want it to be my summer specific main bike. budgets around 2000 quid. Spec wise 105 up, maybe hydraulic disc brakes. 28mm tyre clearance. I have had a good look at the caad12 but everyone I speak to says not to bother. I was riding a BMC grand fondo gf01.
£2k...that should give you a few options! I had an alu Ghost which was excellent.The 105 version was around £1300 from memory.

Sharky

Guru
Why not just buy a new frameset and transfer all the components across? Should easily be able to get a decent frame for £500.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
That kind of money would get you a damn good steel or titanium framed bike.
Why on earth would you want an alloy frame?

johnblack

Über Member
Top Bottom