Always buy a Bell helmet!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
Giro do that too ;)

Peyote

Think Specialized do too, wouldn't be surprised if Met and the other big manufacturers all do. I thought it was standard procedure these days.

alfablue

I got my Met replaced at half price, but my next helmet will be a Specialized because they are Snell rated (unlike most other brands sold in the uk).

alfablue

The issues are price, fit, comfort, appearance/style, aerodynamics (for some fast types!), replacement policy, and safety.

On the last criteria, safety, there appears to be real and significant benefits from choosing a helmet that is Snell rated. This means (amongst several differences over the usual European EN1708 standard) that there is ongoing random testing of helmets taken from shop shelves (rather than a single sample submitted by the makers), and impact testing to roughly twice the force of an EN rated one. There are many other differences in the testing.

For me, the purpose of the helmet is safety, so that criteria would take priority for me and I will be buying a Spesh next as it is the only make that is regularly available in the UK which is Snell rated.

You can read all about Snell, their testing, and find approved helmet lists here.

giant man

yeah just a damn shame the Spesh Decibel is one UGLY lid!

Top Bottom