Am I an RLJer, was I ‘bad’?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User482

alecstilleyedye said:
but what about filtering to the front to avoid getting left hooked, even when no asl means you end up waiting over the stop line (but before the actual junction)? guilty as charged, and here to tell you so as a consequence.

Absolutely - and of course cars are usually in the ASL anyway. Mind you, Cab seemed to think I was Satan's spawn when I confessed to this practice.

domtyler

Über Member
I have to say that I regularly go through on amber or even just after red and also always try to anticipate the green too. It is hard not to in London, if I didn't it really would add ten minutes to each journey, i.e. an extra twenty minutes a day or one hour forty a week.

I don't class myself as a RLJ'er though at all as I would never go through blatantly on red, always slow and assess the situation, never go anywhere near crossing pedestrians etc.

BentMikey said:
Even Terminator is a RLJer because he goes across the stop line. :biggrin:

No, don't bite mate, I'm back on the windups now.

I saw it mate but I know how I ride and I dont think it's that bad.:ohmy:

Strange thing is I have been cycling behind cyclists this week and I have realised how inexperienced they are including the cyclist who went past me at a set of lights.Stopped at them then when he pulled away he was slower than me...(and he did this more than once).Im 44 ffs im sure someone ten or fifteen years younger than me should be able to leave me eating his dust.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I don't think it's that bad either! I'm not surprised an old geezer like you can burn off those other cyclists. I've seen your videos, you're well fast.

The camera lies.It was speeded up.:tongue:

General lack of experience leads to poor road positioning I have noticed that too.Also wondered why a moped rider was poorly positioned at the lights at Aldgate.When he sped off he ha an L plate on.Doh!:biggrin:

I meant 44 and probably 2 stone overweight.:ohmy:

OP
OP
G

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Oh well, I reckon I'm ok with it then.

In my defence, theres no peds in the area, great visibility, speed limits 50 and I just maintained my 45mph.....

:biggrin::evil::biggrin:

Top Bottom