Am I being impatient?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J1888

Über Member
Ordered something from ebay for the bike on Tues, paid for Royal Mail 24 hr delivery. Expected delivery was yesterday, but nothing yet and ebay is showing that the item isn't marked as being dispatched. Emailed the seller yesterday afternoon to ask when it is expected to be dispatched and no answer- tempted to ring them as they're a bricks and mortar too

vickster

Legendary Member
Ring them

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
My last purchase didn't show on the Royal Mail tracking service.
It did arrive though, and a day early and I was out.

Ring them. It can't hurt, and it'll put your mind at rest.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
A 24 hour delivery only covers the delivery side - the seller can sit on it if they want. Just give them bad feedback for the delivery.

screenman

Legendary Member
I am suprised at how many people do not like to use the phone, I get mum's, partner's, wives, even sisters ringing up about tools or dents in blokes cars. Even worse when the bloke is in the room as the caller telling the female what he wants to know down.

byegad

Legendary Member
I'd be inclined to ask for a refund on the grounds it didn't arrive 'Next day'.

OP
OP
J

J1888

Über Member
Rang 'em, bloke was quite helpful and said they had been sent, but his colleague hadn't answered my Ebay message and they hadn't updated the Ebay thing to say they had sent them. Arrived in my office today, which was great...only to find that I think they've sent me the 'wide' version - they're Shimano road shoes and feel very wide, model on the box is R171W..which I'm guessing the W is for 'wide' and not the colour, but I could be wrong

vickster

Legendary Member
Got em half price and thought the W MUST be for white, they're cracking shoes, the stiffness difference is great!
W = wide, but Shimano shoes are narrow, even the wide ones aren't that wide if you actually have wide feet

Enjoy your new shoes, might want some over shoes if riding now or they won't stay white for long!

Top Bottom