Am I being too picky ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hamham

Hi,
I am new to here and would like to hear your opinion.

I have recently purchased New Bianchi Camaleonte 2 hybrid bike. This bike is still 1 week old.
I am generally happy with this bike but there’s one thing I don’t like.

Basically, a logo/picture is missing from the top of the seat tube.
The logo/picture with Italian Flag with the word “Italian Design” is not there.
This isn’t a sticker but a painted one.

I checked this on Bianchi website. Yes, they do have it.
I checked it in the shop where I bought it. Yes, they all have it.
My bike hasn’t.
I rang Cycle Europe and the person confirmed me that there is no design change for 2013 model.
It should have it but depends on the batch.(?)

I would like to have a bike with this logo. So far, I don’t get much support neither from Bianchi nor shop.
They all use the same excuse, design may change without notice etc….
To me, this isn’t a design change but simple manufacturing defect.

What’s people’s opinion ? Is this something I should accept ? Is this something I can expect from Bianchi brand ? Or is £700 not enough to be considered as serious ?
Am I being too picky ?

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Think of the extra weight and drag you won't have. :laugh:

sidevalve

Über Member
Will the manufacturer give you a new bike - highly unlikely as there is no real fault and they are covered by the "design changes" bit.
Will the shop give you a new bike [and take a couple of hundred pounds loss at selling your "old" bike] - also unlikely.
TBH if the logo was that important to you, you should really have checked when you collected the bike.
Sorry but as there is no actual "fault" then I don't think there's much to be done.

on the road

Über Member
Yes you are being too picky. I could understand if it was a scratch you were complaining about, but a logo? No one notices logos on someone else's bike anyway, even I don't notice the logos on my bike because I'm too busy watching the road.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Lordy - I thought I was bad when it came to picky-ness but you have me topped there. Well done! :thumbsup:

As already said it isn't scratched, dinged or chipped - just go enjoy the bike.

Quite a few people will have been diagnosed with some horrible illness today - my guess is that they'd trade places with you in a heartbeat.

NB: I've got some football stickers I can send you if you really need something to fill the void - various Italian players from the World Cup so they are appropriate. :laugh:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Am I being too picky ?

It depends.

If it is simply a case of the manufacturer substituting the seatpost for an alternative item of similar quality then I think the 'design changes' clause has it covered but.......

Is there a chance that somewhere along the supply chain (I'm not going to point fingers at the shop here because we don't know) the seatpost has been swapped for an item of lower quality or inferior design because someone fancied the rather special seatpost your bike should be supplied with for themselves? Maybe I'm a suspicious type of bloke but that would be my first concern.

grolyat

Another first world problem. :rolleyes:

MaxInc

... the seatpost has been swapped for an item of lower quality or inferior design because someone fancied the rather special seatpost your bike should be supplied with for themselves?

I think the design he is referring to was supposed to be printed on the actual frame at the top of the seat tube not the seat post.

I fully understand the frustration especially since it's such a beautiful bike but I can tell you from experience that fighting over something like this is only going to leave you a bitter taste and prevent you from enjoying this gorgeous bike in the meantime. If there is nothing mechanically faulty, I would say to let it go.

I fought with LBS for a month over a stupid seat post worth £20 only because it didn't have the word Cannondale printed on it (they replaced it under warranty with a generic brand). I got what I wanted in the end but it costed me a lot of valuable time, frustrations and ultimately destroyed the relationship with LBS and a two year free service offer (not that there was any real value in that but still not worth the trouble).

OP
OP
H

hamham

Hi everyone,
Thank you for all your comment. I just wanted to know if I am being too picky or not.
As far as I concern the logo/picture is a part of design feature. It should be printed on the actual frame.
That's why I was shocked when I noticed 3 days later.
I was over the moon when I picked up this bike because this is my first "good bike".

I am also surprised that so many people really don't care little things like this. This is why the manufaturer/shop can get away with it ?
Imagine, if you buy a Bianchi bike and noticed that the letter "B" was missing and it read "ianchi". Would you accept this ?
You bought a fancy Hugo Boss shirt and noticed it was "Hugo Bos". How do you feel ?
Yes, the bike is mechanically sounds but it missing something. A premium you have paid.

I believe the product such as this may be sold at a factory outlet with "B" Quality stamp.
But, I have paid a full price.

Maybe it wasn't my first good bike after all.

MaxInc

If you bought the bike with a credit card and you are really passionate about this, you can try and take advantage of the legal cover that most credit card purchases come with. If there is anything legal that can be done, they can advise you and assist you with. Otherwise you can spend countless hours studying UK laws and regulations, filing complaints with various organizations and waiting for replies, focusing your life towards this and perhaps the most important, make sure you don't ride the bike in the meantime in case someone agrees to take it back as long as it is in exactly the same condition it was when it was sold to you ... and then finally realise that the summer is over ...

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
You might be lucky. It just depends how far you are prepared to push it. It personally wouldn't bother me that much but some people buy cars with a specific body kit....so go for it if you like. But I do feel that getting a replacement bike for that reason would be service beyond service beyond service. If you get my meaning.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Hi everyone,
Thank you for all your comment. I just wanted to know if I am being too picky or not.
As far as I concern the logo/picture is a part of design feature. It should be printed on the actual frame.
That's why I was shocked when I noticed 3 days later.
I was over the moon when I picked up this bike because this is my first "good bike".

I am also surprised that so many people really don't care little things like this. This is why the manufaturer/shop can get away with it ?
Imagine, if you buy a Bianchi bike and noticed that the letter "B" was missing and it read "ianchi". Would you accept this ?
You bought a fancy Hugo Boss shirt and noticed it was "Hugo Bos". How do you feel ?
Yes, the bike is mechanically sounds but it missing something. A premium you have paid.

I believe the product such as this may be sold at a factory outlet with "B" Quality stamp.
But, I have paid a full price.

Maybe it wasn't my first good bike after all.

Have you had a sheltered life by any chance?

Do you not think that says it all?

Seriously? A small logo is missing and it is no longer a good bike? And in reality its absence is nothing like the 'B' missing off of Bianchi is it?

Top Bottom