Am I being too picky ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Have a little moan at the shop, perhaps they'll give you a free bottle cage to sweeten the pill and may make you feel better!

Just ride and enjoy, not like you can see the seat tube when sat on the bike :smile:

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
That kind of thing would really irritate me, despite knowing its not important. I like things to be 100% not 99.9, silly I know :smile:

OP
OP
H

hamham

Have you had a sheltered life by any chance?

> No, I had a happy childhood. I enjoy my life. I consider I am average man, though.

Do you not think that says it all?

> Not really, I don't have a time to ride my bike every day. 3rd day was my 2nd chance to see my bike.

Seriously? A small logo is missing and it is no longer a good bike? And in reality its absence is nothing like the 'B' missing off of Bianchi is it?

> It is still important to me. It's been omitted during the manufaturing process.

RWright

Guru
I would rather mine be unique and not have it. I might would try to finagle negotiate some free stuff out of the situation. :rolleyes:
If I were not happy about it I would probably take it back and tell them to give me a new one.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Hard for me to see a necessity for this worry, as it is more emblematic than functional. Bianchi makes a great bike. Ride it and enjoy it. Do not sweat the small stuff. Probably a design change. Often, when photographs are made for websites , brochures, and catalogs, photographers are not taking pictures of the actual production model, but a pre-production example provided from the shop for the purpose of illustration, and changes may be made after for the maiin production run. It reminds me of a story I heard from the car plant. When cars are produced for pre-production stills, they are assembled with dummy, an asphalt tar, so doors and other parts can be removed to show things from angles you would not be able to see if the door or whatever were present. Someone stole one of these cars. Imagine driving down the road and having vital parts fly off!

MaxInc

It's been omitted during the manufaturing process.

I think it's unlikely to heve been ommited during manufacturing. If you search through google images for your bike, you will notice that although most of them do have the small italian logo, some frames don't. This german website has advertised a model without it so maybe are different factories with sligth variations in specifications making these bikes.

http://www.bruegelmann.de/fahrraede...s/bianchi-camaleonte-2-sora-silber/12621.html

OP
OP
H

hamham

Hi MaxInc,
Thank you for your post with lots of supporting information. Much appreciated.
At the end of the day, I was probably expecting too much from mere £700 bike.
A loser deserves a loser's bike I guess. I'm defeated by the corporations again.
Thanks

I wouldn't call it picky, if you expect something to be there and it isn't then it is worth mentioning to Shop

Then again it is minor so if that doesn't get you anywhere then I would give up as it is not worth the Stress

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
Hi MaxInc,
A loser deserves a loser's bike I guess. I'm defeated by the corporations again.
Thanks

Firstly welcome to CC hamham.
The part in bold of your post above is a little dramatic don't you think? You get, and got, a lovely bike for your £700. Instead of the "loser" crap, be a winner and get up, get out, and ride.
I guarantee you will feel loads better for the experience :thumbsup:

Chris-H

Über Member
There is a company that replicates bike decals, they can supply stuff from back in the 50's etc so i'm sure they'll have a decal to match whats missing from your bike.

Ern1e

Über Member
Hi MaxInc,
Thanks
If this is a total loser's bike then I must be totaly MISSING lol I would love to be a loser on your bike !!!!!

Top Bottom