Am I blocked?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
S

Sallar55

Veteran
Might be more to do with the local sim card you mentioned getting the other day?
Your photos were posting ok before that.
Maybe something in the sim provider's settings?
Enjoy the sunshine, there's not much of it here! :laugh:
Hi it's the same SIM card I bought in Agadir, I think that saying I would do a thread just with pictures was tempting fate🫢

si_c

Guru
Hi it's the same SIM card I bought in Agadir, I think that saying I would do a thread just with pictures was tempting fate🫢

Maybe if you get to a cafe or something with WiFi try again.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
This is an attempt to upload a big picture from my Pixel 5...

PXL_20221112_112923965.jpg

That worked. The forum software used to reject large pictures such as the original of this one, which is 3.8 MB in size. It now appears to resize them once downloaded. That is showing as 236 kB now.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Picture upload thing is flakey for me. Depends what mode the reply box is in or something. Often it looks like it hasn't uploaded but it actually has. I can't insert it into the text but then when I hit 'Post reply' it's there as an attachment so I go back and fix it as an edit.

OP, try clicking on those square bracket things, see what that does. Are your formatting buttons working or are they greyed out?

Picture upload thing is flakey for me. Depends what mode the reply box is in or something. Often it looks like it hasn't uploaded but it actually has. I can't insert it into the text but then when I hit 'Post reply' it's there as an attachment so I go back and fix it as an edit.

OP, try clicking on those square bracket things, see what that does. Are your formatting buttons working or are they greyed out?

Indeed! Sometimes I can upload on the Android phone and photos refuse to attach, or at least it appears that way; I boot up the pc to find half a dozen copies. Yet other days the Android phone (no changes to cache etc) up loads photos fine :wacko:

winjim

Smash the cistern
Indeed! Sometimes I can upload on the Android phone and photos refuse to attach, or at least it appears that way; I boot up the pc to find half a dozen copies. Yet other days the Android phone (no changes to cache etc) up loads photos fine :wacko:

Yes, should have added this is on my Android phone. Does anyone know what those square bracket things mean? They have the effect of greying out the formatting buttons and making the file upload go funny but I've no idea why, or what function they're supposed to have.

OP
OP
S

Sallar55

Veteran
Phone is on 12.5 or 4.1 MP, the lower one was working for uploads. Uploading images to my Strava works . Out in the sticks today with 1/2 a phone signal and loaded over 10 images. I know that when the top RHS of the reply box is grey the photo logo/icon will not work. Don't want to reduce the image resolution, it was Kodachrome 64 for me before digital imaging 😁

classic33

Leg End Member
Phone is on 12.5 or 4.1 MP, the lower one was working for uploads. Uploading images to my Strava works . Out in the sticks today with 1/2 a phone signal and loaded over 10 images. I know that when the top RHS of the reply box is grey the photo logo/icon will not work. Don't want to reduce the image resolution, it was Kodachrome 64 for me before digital imaging 😁
That's the preview "button".

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Does anyone know what those square bracket things mean? They have the effect of greying out the formatting buttons and making the file upload go funny but I've no idea why, or what function they're supposed to have.
They do what they say if you hover a mouse pointer over them... TOGGLE BB code! (If you are using a phone or tablet then you can't 'hover' on most devices.)

Instead of the editor inserting the codes for you, you would have to enter them manually... for example (without the spaces between the square brackets) [b ]THIS WOULD BE BOLD TEXT[/b ]. I sometimes flip modes if I need to do something that the other mode doesn't allow, such as inserting text before a block quote at the start of a post.

rualexander

Legendary Member
I always post photos using the 'attach files' button below the text entry box, never used the small photo icon at the top of the text entry box.

Top Bottom