Am I doing this right?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
FeistySquirrel

FeistySquirrel

Professional Jelly Baby Decapitator
Weather seems OK today... A nice 15 miler to get me started I think :bicycle:

OP
OP
FeistySquirrel

FeistySquirrel

Ok, so I left a bit late and didn't have time to do the full 15miles. If I did; I would of been doing 3miles in pitch black on an unlit back road (My light hasn't arrived yet!)...So I jumped outside, starting peddling and my tres felt soft...Not flat, just soft.. So I had to plan carefully :sad: ...I didn't plan, that was a lie.. But tried to get on the roads with better conditions. (Need to remember to buy a pump..!)

Quick stop off for a photo ...

2014-01-10%2016.02.50.jpg

Here's my Strava.. Apart from biking 3.5miles to work (and back 12hours later) every Saturday and Sunday; this is the longest ride I've done in a long time!

http://www.strava.com/activities/105315765

-Squirrel

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Just wondering if I'm doing this cycling thing right... In the past few days I've cycled 0 miles... Nothing.
In the past 24 hours I've purchased. .
Jersey
Jacket
Helmet
Buff
Water bottle and cage
CREE led light

My question is.. Am I doing it right? Ha... Get it all set up and it all starts today... Maybe tomorrow, wind depending... .

-Squirrel
I think you should have cycled to the shop to make your purchases.:whistle:

OP
OP
FeistySquirrel

FeistySquirrel

So, leaving for home work today after a 12hour, 6am-6pm shift... my front light doesn't come on... Batteries night, noo!
..So anyway, I carefully make my home; armed with just my back light and my bright orange refective jacket... Get home alive.. And, oh what's that on my table.. 2 parcels, for me?? ....My new CREE LED light! Just in time for tomorrows 12hours again :becool:...And my glasses...:hyper:

OP
OP
FeistySquirrel

FeistySquirrel

So, biking to work today.. . - 2.6°c & frost and ice for 3.5miles...Argh . I did make it in one piece though ;)

T4tomo

Guru
Read "mid life cyclists"- "you have to buy the best to be the best" is one of the guys mantras. to be fair he has actually ridden his bike though.

OP
OP
FeistySquirrel

FeistySquirrel

After fitting my bike a bit better (after the LBS shrugged and said it looks fine...) I went out today...18.5miles averaging 15.6mph (max 25.7mph) with an elevation of 109ft... I'm not trying to get my speed up, that can come later. For now i'm concentrating on distance. After my self-fit..It felt much better!

http://www.strava.com/activities/106542600/overview

2014-01-15%2015.56.59.jpg

Ignore the mess^... I need to get round to tidying it the bars up... :]
2014-01-15%2016.12.38.jpg

2014-01-15%2016.29.02.jpg

Peteaud

Veteran
I am another 12 hour shifter, 6am - 6 pm, last thing you need at the end of the day is agro. Buy a cheap battery front light and keep it at work just in case with a pack of duracell.

OP
OP
FeistySquirrel

FeistySquirrel

I am another 12 hour shifter, 6am - 6 pm, last thing you need at the end of the day is agro. Buy a cheap battery front light and keep it at work just in case with a pack of duracell.
Luckily I only work the weekends... So for now, I have too much spare time.. And yes, my spare light is in my locker :-).

OP
OP
FeistySquirrel

FeistySquirrel

Another 21 miles done today.. I really wanted to push further, but I was getting hungry and I had no food :sad:

It was my first time out using Clipless...And I definitely prefer them...Didn't fall of either :thumbsup:..
21.1miles averaging 14.9mph (max 25.7mph) with an elevation of 119ft... (Quite a bit more windy today!:heat:)
http://www.strava.com/activities/106967367

After 2.5miles, I had to stoop and re-adust my cleats...What better place to stop...
2014-01-17%2014.37.56.jpg

And a quick stop of at my old fishing spot
2014-01-17%2015.14.42.jpg

No long rides this weekend ...That's work time :banghead:

Last edited:
Top Bottom