am I getting older?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bluenotebob

Veteran
Is it just that I'm getting older that I'm suffering more from the heat?

I've just been outside to try and get a signal on my mobile phone and it's like I'm standing in front of a giant hairdryer. So hard to breathe - I had to come back in and pour cold water over my head. Impossible to think of cycling in this heat.

It's probably only about 30 degrees out there - I've lived in hotter countries so I don't know why I'm reacting like this. It is hard to sleep at night - maybe it's just tiredness (lack of quality sleep) that's reduced my capacity to cope with the heat.

As the whole of France will be stuck in front of a TV from 8pm this evening (French time), I'd thought it would be a brilliant opportunity to cycle on completely empty roads. In the middle of the road, on the wrong side of the road, going the wrong way down a one-way street, not worrying about priorité à droit all the time. Just having a great and care-free time on the bike. Maybe it will have cooled down a bit later - otherwise I'll have to see if I can rent an oxygen tank to help with the breathing.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
It will be cooler once the sun goes down.
Enjoy your ride!

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I'm the same, I think it's because it's been so hot for so long (comparatively) so you never really cool down at night. it's surprising how warm it is outside even at 7am

pawl

Legendary Member
Is it just that I'm getting older that I'm suffering more from the heat?

I've just been outside to try and get a signal on my mobile phone and it's like I'm standing in front of a giant hairdryer. So hard to breathe - I had to come back in and pour cold water over my head. Impossible to think of cycling in this heat.

It's probably only about 30 degrees out there - I've lived in hotter countries so I don't know why I'm reacting like this. It is hard to sleep at night - maybe it's just tiredness (lack of quality sleep) that's reduced my capacity to cope with the heat.

As the whole of France will be stuck in front of a TV from 8pm this evening (French time), I'd thought it would be a brilliant opportunity to cycle on completely empty roads. In the middle of the road, on the wrong side of the road, going the wrong way down a one-way street, not worrying about priorité à droit all the time. Just having a great and care-free time on the bike. Maybe it will have cooled down a bit later - otherwise I'll have to see if I can rent an oxygen tank to help with the breathing.

Think you are probably right re age.I am 77 and did my usual 35 mile Sunday ride.Despite keeping hydrated I felt absolutely shattered for two days

Last Saturday I went out at 8am Rode for 3hours so back home before it got really hot..kept out of the sun for the rest of the day.Felt fine.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I am a young lad compared to you (only 71) but definitely feel it more than 20 years ago.
You may feel cooler after France get knocked out ^_^.
Only joking as I would rather face Belgium than France.

it would be a problem if you wasn't getting any older:okay:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Be careful pouring water over your head whilst attempting to get a signal on your mobile!!
Some of them aren’t waterproof :tongue:

Top Bottom