Am I going to regret it....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swiftylee

I am selling my 2013 cannondale caad 8 to get a winter bike until I get a carbon bike in the spring...

But the caad fitted so well but was just a bit slow...

I have done about 1400 miles this year since I started this year..

I average about 16.9 mph but find downhill I am slow but only weigh 9stone wet...

My question is if I had changed the wheels for say mavic would I get extra speed

e-rider

crappy member
I am selling my 2013 cannondale caad 8 to get a winter bike until I get a carbon bike in the spring...

I average about 16.9 mph but find downhill I am slow but only weigh 9stone wet...

My question is if I had changed the wheels for say mavic would I get extra speed
Mavic make a whole range of wheelsets ranging from £150 to ££££s - with the cheaper end of the range the differences would be fairly minor.

A winter bike will be even slower!

Rando

Veteran
Double your weight then you will be faster downhill ! But much slower uphill.
Why do you think getting another bike will make you any faster?
As the saying goes " it not all about the bike" . It is mostly your legs and engine than count.
Not got a CAAD 8 but most reviews I have read seem to indicate they are are very good bike. Better wheels may give you a slight speed increase but that depends on the wheels you have on currently.
Nothing wrong though with wanting a new bike.

T4tomo

Legendary Member

The slowness is nothing to do with the CAAD......you won't be any faster on a carbon bike in the spring just many pounds lighter

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The CAADs are good bikes. Just winterise it with Crud Racers if other guards won't fit. Saves you a fortune.

Better tyres will make a difference (conti 4 season are a good all year tyre). Wheels may do, but wouldn't bother over winter.

The bike isn't slow, it may be your training that needs more. A brand new £10k bike won't make you faster.

You are the engine.

1400 isn't a lot. You need to ride regular - weekend jaunts won't get you fit.

Top Bottom