Am I out of my mind or not? Quite urgent!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hmm yes, what do you reckon I should bid max?
I can't comment on that, bid what you think it's worth/what you can afford/the most you feel like.

OP
OP
Alex11

Alex11

I know, I'm watching it :tongue:

I'd wager you'd get your money back just by cleaning it up, framing some better pictures and doing a better listing than this guys done.

Yes I'd agree with that... Pretty shabby listing. I'll let you know how I get on people

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
The horizontal top tube is a huge factor in my bike decisions TBH.

Both my bikes have them as I simply don't like sloping top tubes and the modern trend for compact frames.

Long may it continue.

Are you using old frames, or is there a manufacturer who still makes bikes with horizontal top-tubes?

Are you using old frames, or is there a manufacturer who still makes bikes with horizontal top-tubes?
OK, this may not be 100% horizntal, but it certainly doesn't qualify as sloping either compared to some. The Ribble though is definitely horizontal.

My CAAD10
bikeao.jpg

My Ribble
Bike-1.jpg

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
The horizontal top tube is a huge factor in my bike decisions TBH.

Both my bikes have them as I simply don't like sloping top tubes and the modern trend for compact frames.

Long may it continue.

SAME! I love a horizontal or near horizontal top tube. My CAAD and my Cinelli have subtly sloping tubes but nothing like a lot of manufacturers are knocking out these days.

I absolutely hate Specialized bikes because of the horrible curved and sloping top tube (I hate the ones with Zertz even more so). - Just personal preference, so Specialized lovers need not get upset!

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
Nice bikes! Both look quite modern. I have one with a horizontal top-tube, and one that isn't quite horizontal. The one with the horizontal top-tube was built in 1989.

tyred

Legendary Member
I wouldn't worry about the French threading thing. I had no trouble ordering a French threaded headset recently for my 1970s Pug from an online supplier in France (and I can't even speak French!). Even if you can't find a French threaded bottom bracket, a threadless unit would work as the shell is the same width.

Top Bottom