Am I Really That Bad?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Neil

I did my first clipless ride today - 25 miles. It was fine. Go for it!
Well done.

SWSteve

Guru
re: knees. I sometimes get pain in my knees if I try to push too hard in a gear that is to hard. When spinning fast in a low gear I find myself without any injuries - unless I fall off and smash my shoulder/knee/hip onto some lovely soft tarmac

OP
OP
A

aces_up1504

First clip less ride tonight 10 miles @ 13mph. So quite impressed with myself.

Thankfully no scary moments clipping in or out of the pedals. Infact I don't know what all the fuss is about, famous last words.

Although did spend 20 mins last night trying without success to clip in but pardon the pun its just clicked tonight.

Thoughts on clip less, it stood up to the hype and felt easier to pedal, up hill in my eyes it seemed to make a big difference.

So I am a convert

First clip less ride tonight 10 miles @ 13mph. So quite impressed with myself.

Thankfully no scary moments clipping in or out of the pedals. Infact I don't know what all the fuss is about, famous last words.

Although did spend 20 mins last night trying without success to clip in but pardon the pun its just clicked tonight.

Thoughts on clip less, it stood up to the hype and felt easier to pedal, up hill in my eyes it seemed to make a big difference.

So I am a convert
I had that problem, but never a problem whilst riding.

Longshot

My left foot doesn't clip in easily but my right does. I'm going to tinker with the position of the cleats on my left foot before I next go out.

heather68

havent take the plunge to go clipless yet still havin a look at shoes and pedals, my average around 12.5mph but persevering trying to edge it up gradually...hit my 10 week mark of cycling on monday and training for 100km on 7th july so chuffed with my progress so far.....changed my bar width and stem and made so much difference to comfort in shoulders and wrists...

havent take the plunge to go clipless yet still havin a look at shoes and pedals, my average around 12.5mph but persevering trying to edge it up gradually...hit my 10 week mark of cycling on monday and training for 100km on 7th july so chuffed with my progress so far.....changed my bar width and stem and made so much difference to comfort in shoulders and wrists...
I did that just last week and it did make a difference, well done on 10 weeks in, keep at it.

Longshot

My first ride on returning to cycling 16 months ago was at just over 10 mph for about 10 miles. I now average close to 15 mph for 25 miles plus. It's all in the miles you put under your Lycra.

Yours

A fat, old git.

OP
OP
A

aces_up1504

Well stepped it up a notch today and completed the big 50 on the Liverpool chester Liverpool ride 51 miles in 4 hours 15 mins. Very happy completed it with the minimum off fuss but the last 10 the legs started to feel it, probably not helped picking up a slow puncture and not noticing it until back in the car.

Well stepped it up a notch today and completed the big 50 on the Liverpool chester Liverpool ride 51 miles in 4 hours 15 mins. Very happy completed it with the minimum off fuss but the last 10 the legs started to feel it, probably not helped picking up a slow puncture and not noticing it until back in the car.
Well done, dont talk to me about the fairy these last two days I could throttle her.

OP
OP
A

aces_up1504

Completed my first 100km rapha womens event on sunday in under 5hrs so chuffed in the heat...had a wee fall as first event in cleats spend the evening in a & e having stitches in my knee . Off bike for next few days itching to get back on tho must be mad lol

Well done and hope your back on the bike soon

OP
OP
A

aces_up1504

Very Busy weekend on the bike.

Did the Sky Ride leader training on Saturday, which was a great day. Sunday I joined one of the sky rides which have just started in Knowsley. 20 Miles at a very gentle pace plus another 10 commuting to the start.

Completed my first 100km rapha womens event on sunday in under 5hrs so chuffed in the heat...had a wee fall as first event in cleats spend the evening in a & e having stitches in my knee . Off bike for next few days itching to get back on tho must be mad lol
No the rest of the world is mad, well done.

Top Bottom