1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I the only person who has named their bike?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by CJ87, 29 Jun 2008.

1. CJ87

CJ87 New Member

Shes called Helena by the way!

2. Mr Pig

Mr Pig New Member

I've never named a car, bike or anything else. Doesn't matter how much you like it, it'll still just be landfill one day ;0)

3. strofiwimple

strofiwimple Über Member

4. CJ87

CJ87 New Member

Haha fair enough, thanks for confirming that!

5. longers

longers Veteran

No.

6. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

Mine is called Shinto

7. tdr1nka

tdr1nka Taking the biscuit

My MTB is affectionately known as 'Clarty Hack' and my recumbent trike is known to friends simply as Beast.

8. Mine have names. They're called The Tourer, The Roadie, The Fixie and The Mountain Bike respectively.:angry:

9. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Similar to mine RT, although I don't have a fixie. However collectively they are referred to as 'the girlfriends'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. summerdays

summerdays Cycling in the sun Staff Member

I've got Fergus and Dotty, and hubby has Ed.

Its less confusing to refer to them by name, more as if they are part of the family. The children like the idea but are still changing their minds about what to name their bikes.

11. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

My Giant SCR2 is called Giant.

I suspect I'm not that imaginative really.

12. Mort

Mort Interstellar Overalls

My commuting bike is called Stan and my road bike is called Carlton. I named the first one and the second had already got a decal on it, but it's a pretty good name nevertheless.

13. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

It's okay for girls to do this kind of thing but not really expected of grown men.

14. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

red bike and black bike, named so mrs alecetc knows which one i'm talking about. not really names, as i describe them properly to cycling afficiados.

15. Where does it end? Those of you who name your bikes, do all of your teaspoons have names too?:smile: