Am I the only person who has named their bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Janeyb

I have 'Gryph' - very old Carrera Gryphon commuter/tourer
'Phylis Pinkerton' - my carnation pink GT Avalanche
and finally 'Tom' - my Cruiser

Just got to think of a name for my new Giant SCR4 which should arrive in the next couple of weeks!

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Just "the new one" and "the old one" - can't really distinguish any other way to my Wife who doesn't really care for bikes as they're both black/dark coloured.

Perhaps I'm missing something in my life by not naming them.... oh well. :smile:

radger

Veteran
My bike is called Mr Bike
I think we can all agree that this is a name that is both accurate and suitable. (there have also been Messrs Box, Monkey and Car. I possibly need to be more imaginative with my naming of objects)

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
To Mrs F, mine are simply "the red bike" and "the grey bike", but to me, they'll always be Trevor and Gervaise Blenkinsop-Smythe. :smile:
(till the next time someone asks this quesiotn, and they may have different names by then):smile:

jashburnham

My Pinarello is called Il Principe. I'd rather a female moniker but it does say Prince in large letters on the frame so that'd never work. I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the notion that large amounts of my free time are spent riding something male... :ohmy:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Mine are Monty (no-brand hack), Mephistopheles (FCR), Mercury (Galaxy) and Murdo (Trice). The M theme developed from my first hack, Mithras, sadly stolen some years ago.

All my teaspoons are called Arnold.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Arch said:
Mine are Monty (no-brand hack), Mephistopheles (FCR), Mercury (Galaxy) and Murdo (Trice). The M theme developed from my first hack, Mithras, sadly stolen some years ago.

All my teaspoons are called Arnold.

Only a complete pillock would name an inanimate object. Oh, hello Arch, I didn't see you there:biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
rich p said:
Only a complete pillock would name an inanimate object. Oh, hello Arch, I didn't see you there:biggrin:

I know, what will they think of next eh? Names for wigs perhaps? :biggrin:

Arch said:
I know, what will they think of next eh? Names for wigs perhaps? :biggrin:

A sinuous connection to an ex girlfriend, Inge Meyer, many years ago.
I visited her in northern Germany, staying with her family.
Her father and oldest brother were bald as cootes, but each had their own syrups!
Despite asking me to call him by his first name, it was more fun (for me) to call her father 'Herr Meyer' with a very quiet 'no' before the 'Herr Meyer' bit! :blush:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Dayvo said:
A sinuous connection to an ex girlfriend, Inge Meyer, many years ago.
I visited her in northern Germany, staying with her family.
Her father and oldest brother were bald as cootes, but each had their own syrups!
Despite asking me to call him by his first name, it was more fun (for me) to call her father 'Herr Meyer' with a very quiet 'no' before the 'Herr Meyer' bit! :biggrin:

Inge the Finger, Dayvo?:blush:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
How can you not name a bike? My Thorn is called Liesl and the husband's bike is called Ironside. I did insist we named it and he looked disgruntled, but he refers to Ironside by name now, so I've clearly worn him down.

Top Bottom