Am I the poor relation?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

Well the town is better than the Premier Inn.
Does seem a bit scary after dark...............

young Ed

Veteran
Yes, but your house is bigger than my house.
and yours is bigger than mine, apart from if it's a small flat in which case it isn't really a house

no need to have a 5 bedroom barn conversion and 7 acres if you hate dirt, don't own a pair of wellies and work in a london office! you may not need their houses and they might not suit your life style. when i move away from home i only need a tiny 1 bedroom bungalow and won't drive a flashy car etc but i will need to have 50-100 acres of land (mix of grazing and forest) and a large, noisy and pretty nice tractor! not all houses suit all people
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

and yours is bigger than mine, apart from if it's a small flat in which case it isn't really a house

no need to have a 5 bedroom barn conversion and 7 acres if you hate dirt, don't own a pair of wellies and work in a london office! you may not need their houses and they might not suit your life style. when i move away from home i only need a tiny 1 bedroom bungalow and won't drive a flashy car etc but i will need to have 50-100 acres of land (mix of grazing and forest) and a large, noisy and pretty nice tractor! not all houses suit all people
Cheers Ed
Good point, just made me think, I bought a TT bike from one guy, did some leisure rides with another, and paid visits to quite a few others for various reasons, and they all have the same set up, and got to admit the green eyed monster did put in an appearance, but I don`t need that kind of house, seems like it has turned into an upper class sport!!

young Ed

Veteran
Good point, just made me think, I bought a TT bike from one guy, did some leisure rides with another, and paid visits to quite a few others for various reasons, and they all have the same set up, and got to admit the green eyed monster did put in an appearance, but I don`t need that kind of house, seems like it has turned into an upper class sport!!
i'm very much working class and work in agriculture and live agriculture and the family income isn't colossal etc etc yet me, mum and the dog all go pheasant shooting (alright mum and dog pick up shot ones and i beat them up out the woods to be shot so we don;t shoot our selves) and that is mostly middle class people that don't think anything of the £1,000 up front cost to shoot for the season plus £20 per day you shoot, we still have a great time and i wouldn't trade my life for any of theirs. a lot of the made their money in london, banking etc and are now sitting on a large sum and either retired or just looking at it
Cheers Ed

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Good luck to them . If that's what they want to spend their money on then good on them .
Ignore the green eyed monster , he will only get you into trouble :okay:

Top Bottom