am i weird...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

rain is actually very therpeutic and relaxing - which is probably why she fell asleep. Part of the danger of driving in the rain is the fact that it's actually quite trippy, and you may be more likely to fall asleep.
But besides that, most of the danger of cycling and driving in the rain is not the skidding what with the slippiness of the road (apart from when it gets so bad you get deep puddles and aquaplaning), but the massively reduced visibility.

Abitrary

buggi said:
to like cycling in the rain? i hate the wind but i love it if it's warm but raining really hard. :biggrin: i swear it gives me super cycling powers because i seem to have so much more energy.

I don't oil my chain either, so when it rains I also love that short lived slick chain motion.

mickle

innit
domtyler said:
I was just completing a big climb in Germany, a week ago today, when it started seriously tipping down, real torrential stuff that you don't really see in this country. I had no choice but to carry on, even with my two year old daughter on the back, into a half hour long decent and shelter. I imagined that she would be suffering terribly back there, shivering and shaking, and felt I had failed her as a father to be subjecting her to these terrible conditions!!

I needn't have worried though as once I finally found somewhere to take shelter and came to a stop I turned round to find that she had slept though the whole thing!! Unbelievable! :biggrin:

She might need to see an osteopath about her neck though...

Keith Oates

Janner
I also enjoy riding in the rain, however the real problem is getting clothes and shoes dry afterwards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MessenJah

Rider
I love riding in the rain, if it's a heavy shower that is followed by sun to dry me out. But after two or three days of riding in all-day downpour it can get a bit depressing.

I was constantly wet on friday due to the non-stop downpour. The thought of a nice warm house and dry clothes got me through the day, but as I was falling asleep in my nice warm dry bed later on, I actually dreamt that I was soaking wet. It felt real. I suddenly awoke and jumped. It was like a falling dream, except with the water that I had been so relieved to get away from. It was horrible.

I suppose you could compare it to a recently-cured insomniac who, now that he's no longer unable to sleep, dreams that he is awake and can't get to sleep.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
MessenJah said:
I

I was constantly wet on friday due to the non-stop downpour. The thought of a nice warm house and dry clothes got me through the day, but as I was falling asleep in my nice warm dry bed later on, I actually dreamt that I was soaking wet. It felt real. I suddenly awoke and jumped. It was like a falling dream, except with the water that I had been so relieved to get away from. It was horrible.

You pissed the bed, didn't you?

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
primalcarl said:
Wet roads feel so much faster

You'll be aquaplaning on diesel then:eek:?

I love cycling in the rain during Spring, Summer & Autumn.
It's in the depths of winter that it loses it's charm somewhat.

MessenJah

Rider
Smokin Joe said:
You pissed the bed, didn't you?
I thought I had for a second.

But believe me dreaming that you're soaking wet after you've just escaped from a whole day's worth of wetness, is pretty horrible.

Kovu

Über Member
rain + cycling = Fun!

I have cycled more in the rain and enjoyed it more just because it has been raining, makes it more interesting and besides it's easier I swear.

Top Bottom