Am very tempted by Boardman on eBay, but am a bit suspicious...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
I asked the seller a question and he replied..... there are not 24" they are 700-23. Having said all that there is no way I would go all the way to Leeds to collect a bike

OP
OP
B-B-BikeyStrike!

B-B-BikeyStrike!

I asked him a few more questions, asking him to confirm the size, whether he has purchase receipts, and whether he lives near the station, but no reply as of yet.

Without a prior inspection, i'm not gonna chance it. Leeds is too far to get too. Anyone recommend any eBay road bikes for short arses like me?

B-B-BikeyStrike! said:
I asked him a few more questions, asking him to confirm the size, whether he has purchase receipts, and whether he lives near the station, but no reply as of yet.

Without a prior inspection, i'm not gonna chance it. Leeds is too far to get too. Anyone recommend any eBay road bikes for short arses like me?

How about....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Trek-1-2-Road...ZViewItemQQptZUK_Bikes_GL?hash=item255788eef1

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bianchi-928-F...ZViewItemQQptZUK_Bikes_GL?hash=item414af7bafa

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2007-BIANCHI-...ZViewItemQQptZUK_Bikes_GL?hash=item19b8291a92

jay clock

Massive member
But is £350 on the high side for a £650 bike? If it was is good condition?
It is not a £650 bike. It was but being second hand it is worth less. And since Halfords have them for £499 now here I think £350 is ambitious as a starting price. He should have put it up at £19.99 with no reserve AND offered to post it. Posting is under £20 with parcelforce. He then would have sold it for £250-300 in my view. Also refusing cash is unwise in my view as it makes it look like he wants you to pay up front (before you arrive unless you come with a mobile internet pc and do a Paypal on the spot) and if the bike is that good then he would be happy to accept cash as no-one is going to win it and then turn up and decline to take it....

UPDATED Weds evg
CORRECTION, IT IS STILL £650 new. The Boardman site links to the wrong model when you go to buy it

OP
OP
B-B-BikeyStrike!

B-B-BikeyStrike!

OP
OP
B-B-BikeyStrike!

B-B-BikeyStrike!

Just as an update - i didnt bother with that one. I waited and it paid off.

I saw a Boardman Team (08) with Campag/Mavic wheels an hour away on the train. I won the bid and bagged it for £400. Not bad eh? Only a couple of scuffs.

B-B-BikeyStrike! said:
Just as an update - i didnt bother with that one. I waited and it paid off.

I saw a Boardman Team (08) with Campag/Mavic wheels an hour away on the train. I won the bid and bagged it for £400. Not bad eh? Only a couple of scuffs.

Good man.......let's have a look! ;) How does it feel after riding your badboy?

OP
OP
B-B-BikeyStrike!

B-B-BikeyStrike!

Tollers said:
Good man.......let's have a look! ;) How does it feel after riding your badboy?

Here she is - sorry for the dark photo: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/kkmjssjWVpFxgJdtLCnjlQ?feat=directlink

Compared to the Bad Boy, its less chuck-about able around the city. More serious. The Boardman is a bit hard-edged compared to the Bad Boy, but I'm not confident on it yet. You can 'thrust' the Boardman in a way I've not ever have been able to before, but with its caliper brakes, and harsher ride, it demands more concentration.

The Bad Boy in comparison is very manouverable and fills you with a bit more confidence in the city, and has a really nice ride quality that I cannot explain. But the Boardman as a introduction to Road biking is great.
kkmjssjWVpFxgJdtLCnjlQ

Looks like a nice bike.....now you need to get to the point where you prefer her to the badboy. I remember when i first got my road bike, i wasn't so confident on it, but with time it's developing. I still need to go out with others more often though so that i can develop technique (courage) and learn the limits of what is possible.

Had you already gone clipless on the cannondale, or is that a new experience too.

Think you've done well! Good choice.

Tollers

Top Bottom