Amateurish Strava Upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Uploaded a ride today and Strava has been updated. It'll take a bit of getting used to but no problem with that.

I like to compare my efforts against my PBs to see where I lose time etc. Here's what they have to say about Comparisons:

Comparison Feature
We are working furiously to replace the previous comparison feature with a brand new tool that will be significantly more insightful, engaging, and flexible. We will be releasing this new feature in the coming months. In the meantime, you can preview similar functionality at RaceShape.

But RaceShape is rubbish. If my PB is not in the top 50 on a segment then I can't compare my ride to my PB. Or am I missing something? The reality is that segments these days often have hundreds if not thousands of PBs so for most people, the Comparison feature has gone

Very amateurish Strava

Try Ride with GPS, the free version of it lets you set up saegments which compare all your efforts not just the fastest and you can slipt them further by x amount i.e a quarter. Its great for TT analysis.

eg

http://ridewithgps.com/segments/PCC-102

There also doesn't seem to be a link to go from a ride to a segment page. I'm using a 13" laptop, and it's really hard to see anything about a segment in this window. I'm used to right clicking on every segment I'm interesting in, then going through the tabs.

Didn't give any feedback on the beta, as there didn't seem to be any obvious place to do so.

I've just logged a bug as "my gear" which used to show mileage per component seems to be broken.

Top Bottom