Amazing . . . just wow :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jamin100

Guru
Before I get to the main part of this thread, let me just tell you this.
I have 3 children (7,2,1) I was there at all the births and witnessed their life starting . .

I commute 10.5 miles door to door. back in November this was taking me 55 minutes.
Up to last week my personal best was 40 minutes 53 seconds.
I was determined to make it in under 40.

Well today I did! 37 minutes 23 seconds..... door to door!!!
I was so overjoyed it was unbelievable! I would say I was happier than the moment my children we're born!!

Now, im not someone who wears lycra and I dont have a road bike as such...
Im using a Boardman CX team with the standard CX tyres and also had my panniers full of my work clothes, shoes and lunch!
Im also not the fittest or lightest of people weighing in at around 200lbs!

Im so happy i could cry :smile:

Col5632

Guru
Well done, its always good to beat a PB :thumbsup:

My 5 mile commute used to take me about 30 minutes, i now do it in under 25 (usually) :bicycle:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Before I get to the main part of this thread, let me just tell you this.
I have 3 children (7,2,1) I was there at all the births and witnessed their life starting . .

I commute 10.5 miles door to door. back in November this was taking me 55 minutes.
Up to last week my personal best was 40 minutes 53 seconds.
I was determined to make it in under 40.

Well today I did! 37 minutes 23 seconds..... door to door!!!
I was so overjoyed it was unbelievable! I would say I was happier than the moment my children we're born!!

Now, im not someone who wears lycra and I dont have a road bike as such...
Im using a Boardman CX team with the standard CX tyres and also had my panniers full of my work clothes, shoes and lunch!
Im also not the fittest or lightest of people weighing in at around 200lbs!

Im so happy i could cry :smile:
was it downhill with a tail wind :whistle:

congrats on the PB

astrocan

Veteran
Well done Jammin. Busting a PB is a great feeling.
I have to confess that I never got the unbridled joy at watching your children being born thing.
To quote Jenny Murray from Womans Hour 'Its a bit like watching your favorite pub burn down'.

Well done Jammin. Busting a PB is a great feeling.
I have to confess that I never got the unbridled joy at watching your children being born thing.
To quote Jenny Murray from Womans Hour 'Its a bit like watching your favorite pub burn down'.

Never heard the wonder of childbirth summed up in such a poetic wonder!

If your wife or girlfriend reads this , duck

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
That sounds the same as my commute, 10.4 miles and rolling times of 32-36 minutes, so journey times of approx 35-40 minutes. I also ride a hybrid with panniers full of junk (dinner, clothes, waterproofs, bike lock, tools, etc). It is a good, fast time that has taken me nearly 2 years to achieve (but I have to be honest, it was never as long as 55 minutes to start with) and you have every right to be ecstatic about the result. :thumbsup:

BSRU

A Human Being
Personally all my commute PB's are distances and I have broken all of 2011's PB's already this year.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
That really is something. I don't know many people who bust their gut to get to work early. You must really love your work.:whistle:

Top Bottom