Amazon delivery numpty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bruce1530

Guru
last week:
Post drops thru letter box.
2 mins later, knock at the door. Post standing outside. Hands me a pile of letters, says “Can I have next door’s letters back....."
A good guy - he could have just walked away....

AndreaJ

Veteran
DPD were supposed to deliver a parcel today, they sent a text and an email telling me that no one was home to take the delivery. This seemed strange as my daughter was at home all day, they even included a photo of the house to prove that they had been, unfortunately it wasn’t my house or any house in our village!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I arrived home one time and found a card saying that a parcel had been left with 'a neighbour'. I couldn't track down which neighbour it was. After a couple of days a stranger knocked on my door and asked why I hadn't picked up my parcel from him. I explained that I hadn't been told his address. I followed him down the road, round the corner and about 25 houses down a side street to collect the parcel... Not exactly my definition of 'neighbour'!

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
I know. You're going to tell me to just ignore it if I dont like it. When will I ever learn. But really. Do you have nothing better to worry about than some poor bloke trying to make a crust and making a mistake. Of course your dishes needed cleaning right there and then, but really? Is this worth the effort to type?
And there's poor old Beefcake, bent double ordering more tiny things to be delivered. Oh dear. I think Ill go back to the Carradice thread, where the whiff of linament cuts through the scent of gammon:hello:

irw

Quadricyclist
I have plenty of experience of doing deliveries. Believe me, there isn't a delivery driver anywhere who doesn't occasionally drop something at the wrong address.

This. I've been working delivering for Tesco for the best part of the last year to help make ends meet, due to not being permitted to do my 'proper' job thanks to this horrible situation we're all currently in. In my usual job in theatre, attention to detail and presentation is a huge part of the job, and despite how much I've been loathing the job I've been doing recently, I have never forgotten this. Despite this, I did, on the odd occasion knock on the wrong door (mainly due to the poor satnav we were provided taking me into the road next to the one I was supposed to be in, and occasionally just due to me getting the wrong number into my head in the final few moments- I definitely went to a 34 instead of a 32 once). Thanks to the occupants telling me they weren't expecting a delivery, I then went and found the correct house. Very roughly, I've probably done in the region of 6000 food deliveries this last year, and I'd guess that maybe I initially got the wrong house less than 10 times. Amazon and other basic parcel drivers will probably do considerably more, and be much tighter on time.

My point is, it's easily done, and actually, with a simple parcel I find that most amazon-type deliveries coming to our house get popped on the step, and by the time I'm opening the door, the driver is the other end of the garden giving me a thumbs up- with so many parcels arriving at the moment, I tend to just say thanks and take it in without even thinking. Obviously if I then realised it's for next door (we are the 'A' house of a pair, so even easier to slip up), I'd just take it round. If it was the other side of the city, that would be a different story, but I don't think that's ever happened...!

Last edited:
Top Bottom