Amazon Firestick - Freeview and ‘live’ TV

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

True, but I'd do it myself. Then ask landord for monies. They might pay, or go halves, or not pay. Either way, I'd then have TV and would not have to rely on internet apps and stuff.
Or they could refuse to return your deposit for damage to the property, OP doesn't say what type of property if it's a 4 storey terrace it could be very expansive, I don't have a TV aerial I have a preference to a satellite dish discreetly on the side of the house & use Freesat over Freeview

OP
OP
Proto

Proto

Legendary Member
It’s a rented property, fairly recent barn conversion.

The aerial is of the right type, and when I investigated initially, I found it laying in a very small loft space, as if had just been thrown in there and the hatch shut. Additionally there is an aerial amplifier laying next too it, which was interestingly was connected to a mains supply, and powered, but wasn’t connected to the aerial by coax :wacko:

We only have one TV, although there are three tv aerial sockets in the house. I thought that the amp would only be needed if more than one TV was connected?

So, I did my best to align the aerial correctly, both with and without amp connected properly, with the nearest mast (Wells) but it made little difference. Sometimes adequate reception but frequent bouts of pixelation. Thus the move to Firestick.

The coax cabling all looks okay but I’ll have another go with the aerial direction.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Thanks, but I can’t see a ‘Watch live TV’ option anywhere in the All 4 app. Am I right?
I'm 99% sure you'll be able to watch live TV on the All4 app on the Firestick. You can definitely watch Live TV on the All 4 mobile App as well as the desktop site so I don't see why it wouldn't be an option on the Firestick version of the app

D

Deleted member 26715

Not sure although it's a buggeredabout Android, I wanted to watch something on QuestOD & can't find it anywhere unless you ave to do this sideloading thing which unless there are specific idiot proof step by step I can never get them working

Top Bottom